CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Kubernetes Architect in Greenwood Village, Colorado
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Greenwood Village, Colorado, US United States
Position ID: J0321-2832
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is currently seeking an experienced Kubernetes Architect Consultant who will work on highly visible transformation projects for some of the world's largest enterprises. In this role, you will specialize in the design and development of automated Kubernetes platforms, deployment pipelines, and cloud-ready application architectures. You will design and guide implementations of cloud-ready applications and deployment pipelines on large-scale container platform clusters using technologies like Java, Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Be a subject-matter expert on container orchestration technologies, microservices, cloud native development and DevOps solutions and best practices
• Deploy Kubernetes to various public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP) and on-prem
• Design and deploy containerized workload solutions on Kubernetes.
• Design containerized cloud application platform solutions with a focus on application concerns, including cloud-ready, distributed application architectures, migrating workloads to containers, containerized, development workflows, and integrating container platforms with automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines
• Learn new technologies quickly, including topics like container orchestration, container registries, container build strategies, and microservices on container platforms
• Assist in presales discovery and solutions development
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 8+ years of software architecture experience; 4+ of those years specifically focused on cloud-ready application design and deployment
• Experience with container technologies i.e Docker, Containered, rkt, etc.
• Strong knowledge of Kubernetes application deployment building blocks ie Deployments, Services, Persistent Volumes and Config Maps
• Strong knowledge of Kubernetes operational building blocks i.e Kube API, Kube Scheduler, Kube Controller Manager, ETCD etc.
• Strong knowledge of application packaging and deployment technologies such as Helm and Harbor. Familiarity with various Kubernetes container registries
• Experience in setting up and running Kubernetes clusters in AWS, GCP and Azure or on-prem
• Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
• Experience or familiarity with logging and monitoring dashboard tools such as ELK stack, Splunk, Fluentd, Grafana and Prometheus
• Familiarity with various Kubernetes third party CRD solutions as it relates to security, logging and monitoring Kubernetes clusters such as Twistlock and Dynatrace
• Experience and or familiarity with public cloud Managed Kubernetes services such as Amazon EKS, GKE, Google Anthos, and Azure Kubernetes Service
• Experience or familiarity with Rancher Kubernetes
• Knowledge of Kubernetes networking, monitoring and logging solutions.
• Solid creative problem solving skills
• Background working in a strategic advisory capacity to senior IT and business executives
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Ability to design multi-product cloud application solutions and demonstrate technical leadership in container platforms.
• Ability to design and lead complex, large-scale application containerization, microservices development, 'monolithic to microservices' migration projects in challenging customer environments
• Helping and mentoring other consultants learn DevOps and container technologies and processes
• Applying new technologies, frameworks, or methodologies to containerized application development and deployments
• 50-75% Travel required
• This role can be located in proximity to any US CGI office.
Skill Set Years of Experience
Cloud ready application design and development 4
Software architecture experience 8Cloud Services: AWS, Azure, GCP 2Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $125,000.00-170,000.00*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.