CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Data Management and Integration Specialist in Ft. Eustis, Virginia
Data Management and Integration Specialist
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Data Management and Integration Specialist
Category: Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
City: Ft. Eustis, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1218-1991
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Basic Functions: The practice of data management and integration (DMI) refers to the application of certain types of data management in order to promote the best use of information and maintenance throughout the data life cycle. In general, data management refers to all of the various things that enterprises do to manage data through their entire life cycle. Aspects of data management include data integration, data governance and data quality efforts. For example, in data governance, policy-driven standards for data help to make sure that they are correctly formatted for use in a business system. Data integration is different; experts define data integration as combining data from multiple sources and presenting them in a unified way. Data integration can be thought of as breaking down "information silos" wherein certain kinds of data are isolated within an IT architecture and cannot be used correctly. To enhance the TRADOC G2 OEC’s far-reaching capabilities, the Data Science Branch (DSB) of the Data Science, Models, Simulations Directorate partners with the Services, government, industry, academia, and coalition partners to collaborate on innovative training and education solutions, putting the power and opportunity of technology into soldiers’ hands. The DSB provides data to replicate the operational environment by transforming live data into data stores that provide robust training and experimentation content for Operational and Institutional forces in the Live, Virtual, Constructive and Gaming domains traceable to Army Learning and Training Concepts.
Apply expertise and knowledge to access and process information derived from multiple intelligence disciplines and operational sources to support replication of enemy capabilities, vulnerabilities, and probable courses of action. Participate in the querying, analysis, and transformation of intelligence reports for training events. Coordinate the use of data within the OEE Data Lake to support a training unit’s Scenario MESL threads and METL tasks. Provide advice on intelligence issues and challenges, as appropriate.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with customers and team members to research, identify, evaluate, analyze, fuse, and interpret intelligence and operational field reports from multiple data sources for use in military exercises.
• Collaborate with data scientists to identify efficiencies within the data transformation process which will ensure that end-users are delivered the relevant content data in the right formats for use
• Collaborate with other Data Science, Operations and Intelligence Analysts on data science and big data problems to include utilizing the data science process for defining the question, identifying the needed data sources, and developing the algorithm/analytic needed to solve the problem.
• Develop and maintain access and accounts with targeted data source organizations.
• Research and prioritize sources of structured and unstructured data content in a range of classification domains (Open Source, UNCLASS, SECRET, and Top Secret SCI).
• Coordinate and interact with analysts and data scientists from DoD, Service, and national level intelligence agencies.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10 years military experience in field and staff; Army or Joint field experience preferred.
• Excellent team player with strong collaboration skills to lead cross functional teams on multi-team projects; strong sense of commitment and responsibility
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; experience building scalable, distributed, high availability services; enjoy technical challenges and constantly striving to improve existing services, systems, and techniques.
• Must be familiar with the capabilities and value of Service intelligence systems.
• Experience with Joint Training Data Services (JTDS) a plus.
• At hire, possess a valid Secret Clearance, with the eligibility to earn a Top Secret Clearance with SCI access.
• Willing to travel up to 20% of the time
• Possess a valid US passport
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.