CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. UI/UX Developer in Franklin, Tennessee
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Franklin, Tennessee, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
CGI is looking for a User Experience (UX) professional to join the CGI Nashville team located in Franklin, TN. The right candidate will have a strong UX and UI design background with front end development skills to lead local clients re-design efforts.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Partner with the business analysts and business stakeholders to facilitate business process analysis, gather requirements, and map them to solutions
• Participate in the full software development life cycle from scoping, analysis, design, implementation, and quality assurance to delivery and support
• Prescribe strategy to improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of existing user interfaces
• Utilize a User Centered Design approach to develop personas, site maps, and user interface diagrams to illustrate the layout, flow, and organization of web applications
• Develop front end solutions in collaboration with a development team supporting the application backend
• Assist development in integrating front end presentation layer code with application backend
• Assist developers and analysts in conceptualizing, validating, and prototyping solutions that meet business requirements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Must provide a portfolio of past work that includes examples of transformative user interface experiences (before / after)
• Must have a consultative mindset and be comfortable working individually or with a team
• Experience with frontend technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, and AJAX
• Experience working with Angular or comparable frameworks such as React and/or Vue
• Experience or familiarity with JavaServer Faces
• Strong understanding of responsive design and supporting frameworks such as BootStrap
• Experience with visual design and user experience concepts that strike a balance between usability of web/mobile applications and aesthetic appeal
• Experience with UX/UI design tools such as Axure, Adobe CC, Balsamiq, Sketch, and/or InVision to create interactive prototypes/mockups in both low and high fidelity
• Experience assessing business requirements, developing user stories, and preparing UI diagrams including flows, wireframes, and sitemaps
• Experience working with Agile development teams
• Knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices for Section 508, WGAC 2.0, and ARIA
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven track record in working with business users to manage expectations and address issues
• Bachelor’s Degree
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Agile / Collaborative Method
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.