Purview Data Governance Engineer
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Purview Data Governance Engineer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, Florida, Fort Lauderdale
Position ID: J0124-0651
Employment Type: Full Time
At CGI, we're a hard-working team of tech enthusiasts and professionals on a mission to reshape the future. We've got everything from pioneering projects that challenge your skills to an encouraging and inclusive work environment that fuels your growth. Plus, we offer unparalleled opportunities for professional development, empowering you to stay at the forefront of the ever-evolving tech landscape.
We're seeking a top-notch Data Governance Engineer to join us in developing our Cloud-Native Data governance and security ecosystem, Microsoft Purview. This resource is responsible for providing a development framework and helping to engineer upgrades and enhancements to our corporate data governance ecosystem. We aim to have the Data Governance engineer also be responsible for the management of the Purview platform and to help with managing the data connections/integrations to various business data sources into our data governance platform ecosystem for our business users.
The role of a Purview Data Governance Engineer is critical in ensuring that an organization's data is effectively managed, governed, and leveraged to support business objectives. The individual in this role should be technically proficient, detail-oriented, and capable of collaborating with cross-functional teams.
This position can be located at any CGI office in the U.S, preferred location is Miami, Florida.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Build and manage our Microsoft Purview governance capability platform, data assets, and integrations with data sources. Formulate, suggest, and implement new ideas/features/delivery methods for our meta-data infrastructure, focused on cloud technologies and business applications.
• Develop and maintain custom object definitions to enhance the metadata capabilities of Purview.
• Work with Data Governance leads to help in backlog management and delivery cycles for the Data Governance ecosystem improvements.
• Support the governance of data sources in our multi-cloud, multi-region business application environment (Azure, AWS, on-prem).
• In collaboration with other data engineers, testing engineers, and platform architects, own, build, test, and implement new features and functionalities in our Corporate Data Governance ecosystem with a focus on quality and customer-centricity
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
• 5+ years’ experience building scalable software applications (preferably cloud-based),
• Proven experience in data engineering, data integration, and Purview implementation, specifically:
• Microsoft Purview
• Cloud deployments and cloud implementations
• Data governance
• Data integration
• Data architecture
• Data management
• Familiarity with data modeling, ETL processes, and data warehousing concepts.
• Knowledge of data governance, compliance, and security principles.
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
• Agile delivery experience
Nice to have:
• Experience with other data governance tools (e.g., Collibra and Informatica)
• System integration experience
• Knowledge of Purview Risk and Compliance
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $97,700 - $213,800.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
• Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
CGI anticipates accepting applications for this position through February 29, 2024.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.