CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Database Administrator (DCGS-A) in Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Database Administrator (DCGS-A)
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Database Administrator (DCGS-A)
Category: Cyber Security Consulting
City: Fort Bragg, North Carolina, United States
Position ID: J0519-2959
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Government Secure Solutions – CGI (GSSC), a wholly owned proxy company of CGI Federal, is seeking a highly motivated junior-level Oracle Database Administrator to learn and grow on our team! You will become a vital component to our team as you will master the configuration and maintenance of our DCGS-A Fixed systems. Duties as a Field Service Analyst (FSA) include initializing, placing into operation, and troubleshooting the hardware and software interfaces of this system.
This position will support the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC) Software Engineering Center (SEC) Field Support Directorate (FSD) to perform resident engineering and technical support to the Warfighter. In addition, this position will align with the local Army Field Support Battalions to provide support for exercises, combat operations, and contingency operations.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Install, configure, modify, and maintain Oracle 10g/11g Relational Database Management Systems.
• Experience configuring and managing Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control 10g/11g.
• Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) support.
• Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) support.
• Oracle PLSQL and Unix shell script programming and debugging.
• Perform RMAN data recovery procedures.
• Identify database performance issues, recommend and implement solutions.
• Conduct complex problem solving skills with the ability to write and perform complex SQL queries that retrieve information from very large, relational database management systems.
• Enterprise User creation and administration.
• Automate network database monitoring and application database implementation tasks.
• Assist Information Assurance staff with all documentation required for accreditation and any other associated directives and regulations.
• Provide documentation and remediation for IA findings.
• Update IA required documentation to include; POAM and SVDD.
• Prepare status report as well as briefings for the customer and upper management. Develop plans and schedules. Manage database security activities as assigned.
• Perform post software installation upgrades and IAVA patching.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Active TS/SCI Clearance
• CompTIA Security+CE, Server+, and Linux+ certifications or higher level baseline certifications
• 3 years of technical experience and Bachelor's degree (Computer Science preferred). Four years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Experience with Database Administration
• Experience with Linux/Unix
• RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) 70-642 or 70-643, and Oracle Certified Associate (Oracle 10g/11g) certifications a plus.
• Oracle 10g and/or 11g installation, configuration, management
• Oracle RAC and RMAN use and management
• Oracle recovery procedures
• Oracle client installation and configuration
• Oracle RDBMS table space and table structure management
• 6+ years Oracle Database experience in a multi-node Linux/Unix Enterprise network environment.
• Experience in the DOD intelligence environment or equivalent government agencies, with field level experience preferred.
• Experience with Fixed Site Fusion Brain and/or DCGS-A V3.1.x WSS administration a plus.
• Exceptional oral and written communications skills and ability to work independently, with minimal supervision in a fast-paced high profile multi-tasked production environment. A motivated self-starter mindset is a must.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.