Java Developer (Full Stack)
Fort Belvoir, VA
Java Developer (Full Stack)
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, Virginia, Fort Belvoir
Position ID: J1123-1477
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - CGI Federal roles - What we do matters
CGI Federal is hiring a Java Developer to provide design and development expertise in support of Joint Planning & Execution Services program (JPES). We take an innovative and collaborative approach to supporting our client, working in an Agile environment using emerging technologies. You will be interacting with a dynamic team of people with opportunities to learn and grow as you help deliver the overall solution to our client.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• You will have the opportunity to help build and design enterprise web applications which will be used by government agencies, states, and industry to comply with federal reporting requirements, and share and visualize data.
• The candidate will be able to confidently code and organize the application using best practices while helping to share their knowledge with the team and grow the teams’ skills and understanding of a robust Java application.
• Participating in daily team discussions and code collaboration to promote continuous progress.
• Architecting and designing new system features and providing accurate estimates and
• Participating in client, industry, and end-user discussions to help provide technical viewpoint.
• Providing technical guidance to junior developers and business analysts on the team
• Contributing to continuous improvement of existing development tools and technologies
• Defining and maintaining standard development practices for the team
• Integrating automated testing strategies into development practices
• Augmenting and improving system architecture
• Working with infrastructure administrators to design, maintain, and improve cloud-based environments.
• Troubleshooting complex technical issues and creating elegant solutions
• Ability to mentor and support junior team members
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• SECRET clearance is required
• A Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following programs: Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business, or related scientific/technical discipline preferred.
• 7+ years’ experience in software development and IT consulting
• The ideal candidate for this position will be able to function as a Java Full Stack developer and will demonstrate strong knowledge and experience in modern web application development, RESTful services, web application security, and Agile lifecycle.
• The candidate should have proven experience working with Java Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Tomcat, PostgreSQL (or other Relational Database) and be able to help demonstrate best practices for code organization, component design, and reusable services.
• Experience with Java application development and deployment tools including Maven, Git, Eclipse, IntelliJ, SonarQube, Jenkins, Postman, SoapUI, etc.
• Candidates should be excited about learning different development technologies, coding languages, and support tools and motivated to collaborate with other developers to continually broaden and enhance the group’s knowledge and stay current with evolving trends and best practices.
• Demonstrated experience with Java and Spring development
• Confident communication skills with both internal team members and customers
• Knowledge and experience with Agile / Scrum-based development methodology.
• Ability to work well balancing multiple assignments.
• Self-starting and self-managing experience
• Agile / Scrum knowledge and training
• Experience using Atlassian tools, e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.
• Government Consulting experience
• Experience leading and / or managing similar software development teams
• Full Stack Development
Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US Citizenship.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $80,000 - $160,000.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.