CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Chief Architect in Falls Church, Virginia
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Falls Church, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0920-0735
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A company committed to clients
CGI Federal is looking for a Chief Architect to support the Defense Health Agency (DHA) with a multi-provider, integrated platform for the delivery of enterprise-wide IT services to the enterprise. This critical program will modernize DHA’s IT infrastructure to provide a standardized, robust, and highly available global infrastructure and enterprise core services, scoped from end-user desktop to data center, while adhering to the cost containment and operational efficiencies. Join CGI’s growing and highly capable team supporting Federal Health agencies!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This role manages the EITSI effort for the practice of Architecture Management in the EITS Environment, including the On-Going Program of Technology Planning. This role serves as the primary liaison to the DHA ESABAD.
• Manage the transition and design of the SIAM organization to an operational state, including any required staffing, processes, and strategic direction
Oversee the SIAM Service Management Practices including Security and Risk Management.
Optimize the overall operation of the ecosystem services, managed service providers, and processes to create and increase value for the customer
Engage with the customer at the enterprise architecture level to strategically align the demand for new technical capabilities and the services provided the ecosystem
• Works closely with the Program Manager and PMO to provide services and projects that adhere to quality, schedule and budget.
• Works closely with the customer Program Office and other customer leadership at the most senior levels regarding IT strategy, contractual requirements and service delivery.
• Serves as the technical lead on large, complex projects and providing technical advice/input that impact successful contract execution across the enterprise solution.
• Uses multi-disciplinary techniques, such as: business process decomposition and redesign, information engineering, organizational redesign, change management, IT strategy and architecture, and performance measurement, to assist in enterprise business transformation and implementation.
• Owns the architecture, solution portfolio, and transformation roadmap artifacts for the enterprise and manages changes to them.
• Leads teams and interacts at a variety of points within the enterprise's governance process to assist in implementation of the transition plan and technical solutions, to include organizational strategy development, capital planning and investment control, portfolio and project management, systems development, and operations.
• Designs, develops, and maintains current and future views and data describing the enterprise architecture and enterprise IT service delivery strategies.
• Provides analyses of potential changes to the Enterprise Architecture, Solutions, and Roadmap.
• Interacts with senior management concerning matters of significance to the company. Conducts business and technical briefings for senior management and for external representatives.
• Leads development of new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that lead to successful execution and continuous improvement.
• Resolves highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that affect multiple aspects of the project/program.
• Mentors and coaches other technical staff.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 12 years of prior relevant experience
• Eight years’ experience in IT Service Delivery Management
• Five years’ experience as a CTO, CIO or Organizational-Wide Enterprise Architect for Large-scale enterprise program
• Demonstrated track record of designing end to end service processes as an architect
• Experience operating and/or implementing monitoring and event management solutions
• Outstanding ability and experience in developing and implementing ITSM/ITIL and ITOM processes and solutions, with a deep process/functional and technical understanding of the CMDB
• Advanced experience architecting enterprise-scale solutions
• Excellent interpersonal skills combined with practice establishing and maintaining credibility as a ServiceNow expert
• ServiceNow Certifications for System Administrator and Certified Implementation Specialist for ITSM and core ITOM applications
• SIAM Foundation Training & Certification
• Deep understanding of DOD enterprise frameworks and risk management
• Ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance (ADP II Public Trust)
• Demonstrated success in major technology innovation engagements for enterprise clients
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certification required
• Experience enabling system integrations and leveraging APIs, ideally using the ServiceNow platform, with internal and external systems in secure, real-time environment
List items desired for the Candidate, but not required.
• Extensive knowledge and experience of CSI / Lean / Six Sigma methodologies and their application in an IT Service Management environment
• ITIL 4 Managing Professional Certified or ITIL v3 Continual Service Improvement Certification or ability to obtain within first six months
• Knowledge of the ITIL framework as well as a high level of IT technical competence
• Extensive experience working in one of the functional areas and implementing ITIL / service management strategy and processes
• A solid understanding of change management with ability to influence, oversee and direct the provision of changes that have a bearing on the environment
• Extensive experience in managed services and service delivery environment including technical and service management exposure
• Agile delivery experience
• SIAM Foundation Training & Certification
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.