CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Solutions Architect Lead in Fairfax, Virginia
Solutions Architect Lead
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Solutions Architect Lead
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0120-0624
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Be part of something exciting. Do you want to take control of your future? Are you ready for the responsibility of working with high profile clients in the federal space? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a dynamic company that gives you a direct stake in its success? If you do then join us as a Solutions Architect. Proven track record with proactive creative solutions and innovations is required. This is a senior level position based in Fairfax, VA. This person will be part of an agile, dynamic team in an environment where technology, innovation, and creativity are paramount. This position requires the person to be a hands-on developer and innovator who has capability to learn, evaluate and implement new technology very quickly.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Solution Architect’s primary responsibility is to lead the Architecture team of a large project. The Solution Architect sets the foundation and guidance for all technical leads and developers to follow and adhere to. The Architect is the main technical point of contact with the client’s technical representative and works closely with the project’s leadership team.
• Hands on solution development and validation. Work with delivery teams to build component solutions or major solutions of various sizes and complexities.
• Assisting the development and evolution of future state of managed services offerings/capabilities to meet changing market demands
• Facilitate the standardization and reuse of managed service (Cloud) offerings via process re-engineering and standardization of best practices.
• Calculating total cost of ownership of technology components and complete platforms
• Understanding interrelationships and impacts of systems and applications upon the enterprise wide technical environment
• Ensuring solutions are of high quality, are high performance and are scalable
• Maintaining a current knowledge of the technology industry and Federal IT marketplace and determining the impact of emerging policy, infrastructure and/or applications software on new and existing solutions.
• Maintaining a general working knowledge of networking/internetworking and IT security
• Providing expertise in infrastructure and applications software evaluation, selection and implementation
• Accountable for developing and managing key internal/external relationships across sphere of influence, including situations in which no organizational relationship previously existed.
Architect will also be called up to work with the business unit’s Chief Solution Architect, delivery teams, and Business Development teams to develop solutions and support complex business development. The solutions will draw upon elements of Healthcare, regulatory policy Federal IT policy, Information Security and Administrative Management, marrying these to diverse technology areas from Cloud Computing to COTS System Integration to advanced Data Analytics to Business Process Modeling to custom application modernization and much more.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 7 years of post-collegiate work experience in the IT field
• Minimum of 7 years application development, applications services management and/or infrastructure and operations management.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with designing and developing applications using .NET development platform (ASP.Net, C#)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with multi-site delivery of application and infrastructure services (e.g., Cloud).
• Strong knowledge and development experience in Angular 4+, Node.js, Bootstrap, CSS, HTML 5
• Working knowledge of Oracle. Minimum 5 years SQL
• Strong knowledge of Agile SDLC methodologies, and industry best practices and processes
• Knowledgeable in Web Services
• Technical solutions design experience
• Ability to develop shared service offerings in an IT service provider (Cloud) environment.
• Understanding of AWS and managing Cloud resources
• Experience in agile tools such as Jira, Confluence, Git
• Excellent communication skills/interpersonal skills and experience interacting with team and clients
• Proven problem solving skills and ability to work independently
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines, and flexibility between tasks
• Ability to share technical knowledge across team
• Experience converting from Classic ASP/ASP.Net to open source platform and technologies
• Experience and/or knowledge of Aurora MySQL
• Experience implementing and/or leveraging micro-services architecture
• Experience as primary author on complex deliverables, white papers and/or academic articles a plus.
• Experience writing proposals desired.
• Automation testing experience and skills using test scripting tools (e.g., Katalon, Selenium, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor) is a plus
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.