CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. S&L Agile/Scrum Master in Fairfax, Virginia
S&L Agile/Scrum Master
Find similar career opportunities
S&L Agile/Scrum Master
Category: Project Management
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1118-0308
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is looking for an Agile Coach/Scrum Master. The candidate will become the subject matter expert (SME) in the business processes. As Scrum Master they will ensure the team is performing at their highest level. This involves removing any impediments to progress, facilitating meetings, and doing things like working with the business process owner to make sure the project is on schedule and ready to move forward.
• Collaborate with Business Owners, business stakeholders and developers to communicate the project vision.
• Facilitate scrum sessions with the teams.
• Work closely with developers to support the agile development process.
• Review and approve finished development work before release into production.
• Oversee project management tasks as required.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required in a Technical field of study.
• 3+ years of experience working in an Agile development environment, e.g. Scrum
• Extensive experience at conducting requirement gathering sessions and then concisely documenting their outcome.
• Superb attention to detail and a rigorous focus on delivering quality output.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and the ability to speak knowledgeably with members of both the business and development teams.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize and clearly communicate findings of analysis
Strong teamwork, interpersonal, relationship and presentation skills.
• Solid understanding of web development environments, sufficient to understand the implications of issues within web-based applications.
- Agile Coach
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.