Simulation Data Engineer
Simulation Data Engineer
Category: Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
Main location: United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Position ID: J0923-1869
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - CGI Federal roles - What we do matters
CGI Federal’s Emerging Technologies Practice (ETP) seeks a highly-motivated Simulation Data Engineer to join its Applied Research and Technology team. The candidate will join a team of data engineers, ai/ml subject matter experts, architects, and developers. Your primary focus will combine the skills of a data engineer, developer, and simulation integrator to design, develop, and maintain comprehensive simulation environments that leverage data-driven insights. You will be responsible for data engineering tasks, software development, and simulation integration, ensuring the smooth flow of data and accurate simulation results for various applications and industries.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Data Engineering:
• Designing and implementing data architectures, including databases, data warehouses, and data lakes, to store and manage simulation data.
• Developing and maintaining data pipelines and ETL processes to extract, transform, and load data from various sources into the simulation environment.
• Ensuring data quality, integrity, and security by implementing data governance and best practices.
• Collaborating with data scientists and domain experts to understand data requirements and implement appropriate data models and structures for the simulation.
• Writing clean and efficient code to implement simulation functionalities and integrate simulation models, tools, and systems.
• Developing APIs and interfaces for data exchange and communication between simulation components.
• Implementing data visualization tools and dashboards to present simulation results and insights.
• Collaborating with software developers and stakeholders to gather requirements, troubleshoot issues, and implement enhancements or new features in the simulation environment.
- Simulation Integration:
• Integrating diverse simulation models, tools, and systems to create a cohesive and functional simulation environment.
• Identifying and resolving dependencies and compatibility issues between different simulation components.
• Conducting testing and validation of the simulation environment to ensure its accuracy and performance.
• Collaborating with domain experts and stakeholders to gather requirements and refine the simulation environment based on their feedback
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Strong knowledge of data modeling, database design, and data architecture.
• Proficiency in designing interfaces and APIs for data exchange and communication between systems.
• Knowledge of software development best practices, version control, and testing methodologies.
• Ability to develop and maintain front-end and back-end components, including user interfaces, APIs, and data visualization tools.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts and solutions effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Capacity to collaborate with data scientists, domain experts, and software developers to gather requirements and refine the simulation environment.
• Proven record of high value data driven work or solution building
• BS degree or above preferred in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Operations Research, engineering fields
• 10+ years preferred of overall experience in development, data engineering, solution architecture, or technical leadership
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
· High comfort level with cloud services – AWS, Azure
· High comfort level with proposals and technical thought leadership
· Experience with remote sensing, xR, game development
· Knowledge of data exploration and visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, D3, rstudio etc)
· Ability to lead, coordinate, and direct a team of data experts effectively·
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $67,000 - $143,000.”
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
Comprehensive insurance options
Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
Paid parental leave
Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
Member assistance and wellness programs
This role can be located at any CGI office in the U.S. however, preferred location is Fairfax, VA, Lafayette, LA Knoxville, TN or Lebanon, VA or Belton, TX
Rapid Application Development
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.