CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Systems Security Lead in Fairfax, Virginia
Senior Systems Security Lead
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Systems Security Lead
Category: Cyber Security Consulting
City: Fairfax, VA, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1019-2549
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The Senior Systems Security Lead develops and implements information security standards and procedures. The Senior Systems Security Lead provides tactical information security advice and examining the ramifications of new technologies and ensures that all information systems are functional and secure. The Senior Systems Security Lead oversees security controls, supervises security systems, and manages staff. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for maintaining and enhancing information security management programs to ensure integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information.
• Develop and maintain system security plans, contingency plan, preparing Authority-to-Operate / MOU packages.
• Adhere to security best practices and comply with government standards.
• Analyze mission requirements and make recommendations.
• Assess information security risk and facilitating remediation of identified vulnerability for IT security and risk across the enterprise.
• Generate security reports related to incidents, vulnerabilities, and configurations.
• Serve as project manager / lead within IT security projects.
• Collaborate with technology architecture teams by performing security analysis of proposed architectures, providing risk assessment feedback, including security requirements.
• Provide guidance and best proactive recommendations for IT security policies, procedures, and standards that meet regulatory requirements.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Must demonstrate experience with implementing NIST and Federal Security standards on premise and cloud environments.
• Must be familiar with security tools such as Netsparker, HP Fortify, Splunk, Windows / Linux environments, and application patching for vulnerabilities.
• Maintain knowledge of security regulations, best practices, countermeasures, compliance standards, and current threats.
List items desired for the Candidate, but not required.
Industry relevant security certifications are desired
Demonstrated, hands-on experience with one or more of the following:
• Source control Integration
• Section 508 Compliance standards
• Information Security Policies, Network Security, Process Improvement, Project Management, Contingency Testing, and Vulnerability Testing
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.