CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Systems Engineer in Fairfax, Virginia
Senior Systems Engineer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Systems Engineer
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0519-0226
Employment Type: Full Time
Do you enjoy fixing problems for others? Are you a fan of Enterprise Architecture? Are you the expert your peers look to when they want something designed right the first time? Working on our Systems Engineering Team might be the right career move for you.
The Senior Systems Engineer is part of a team responsible for providing technical engineering services for corporate and project-based systems infrastructures. System engineering services includes all engineering activities required to design, implement, document, and support various hardware/software solutions. The Senior System Engineer works closely with peers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
The Senior System Engineer will be responsible for developing solutions in a growing Microsoft Windows and VMWare based environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of complex system and security architecture design to enhance performance and availability.
• Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of systems and virtual infrastructure.
• Must be able to test and analyze COTS applications for optimum performance in a standardized network environment.
• Work with peers to analyze network performance issues and identifying potential solutions.
• Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
• Anticipates internal and external clients needs and proposes alternative business solutions.
• Assist with the creation of policies and procedures, including those for design, implementation, and maintenance for review and approval by management.
• Maintain thorough and updated documentation of all systems including system diagrams.
• Evokes creative and innovative thinking from team members while mentoring junior team members.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent network activities
• Complies with and enforces standard company policies and procedures.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Bachelors degree plus 10 years of experience. In addition:
• Extensive experience in a Microsoft Windows 2012/2016 Active Directory based enterprise environment
• Experience in a largely virtualized VMware environment
• Working administrative knowledge of several core Microsoft applications (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, SharePoint) with deep expertise in at least one core application.
• Experience implementing and maintain application monitoring tools
• The Senior System Engineer is expected to maintain technical certification in relation to their role within the organization. Acceptable examples of certifications that would be considered include: MCITP, VCDX, and EMCISA.
• Experience with compliance standards and security best practices (ITILv3, NIST guidelines, CIS benchmarks, DISA STIGs, etc.) a plus, but not required.
• EMC SAN Storage arrays including RecoverPoint and VPLEX
• Microsoft SCCM
• McAfee ePO
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.