CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Performance Engineer in Fairfax, Virginia
Senior Performance Engineer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Performance Engineer
City: Fairfax, VA, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1019-2530
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Seeking a Senior Performance Engineer to support Information Technologies (IT) initiatives in healthcare and federal grants arena. The initiatives include Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to enable organizations to operate and maintain enterprise systems in response to various legislative, policy, management, and technology changes. The outcomes enable the organization to strengthen its program management and operations in support of its mission to improve and achieve health equity.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Senior Performance Engineer to develop, modify, apply, and maintain quality evaluation and control of systems and protocols. The Senior Performance Engineer devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of functionality. The Senior Performance Engineer designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, conducts quality assurance tests, and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for systems that do not meet required standards and specifications. The Senior Performance Engineer audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction and ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Conducts system performance evaluation to ensure system reliability, capacity, and scalability.
• Works with testing team to develop performance plans and baselines.
• Analyzes results and coordinate with development teams for bug fixes.
• Generates performance summary reports for management review for system baseline.
• Analyzes root causes of performance issues and work with maintenance development team provide corrective actions.
• Conducts job trainings and provide assistance to Junior Engineers as needed.
• Suggests new tools and techniques to improve overall performance of the system by developing prototypes.
• Develops automated test scenarios and environments for performance testing.
• Reviews and recommends improvements to existing test procedures.
• Developing dashboard and reports to provide ongoing visibility into the performance of client applications.
• Monitors application performance during performance tests or productions usage using monitoring tools to isolate the fault domain, dive deep into application code, and identify root cause of performance issues.
• Conduct architectural and technical reviews during software development life cycle and to identify potential bottlenecks and provide suggestions for performance improvements.
• Plan and mage deliverables for: performance diagnostic, capacity planning, performance architecture design, performance tuning, and performance monitoring
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Must demonstrate experience with HP Performance Center (Loadrunner), Windows, Linux, Middle-ware components, memory dump analysis, and advanced system debugging.
• Familiarity with monitoring products such as Splunk, Splunk ITSI, and Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit is desired
• Source control Integration
• Section 508 Compliance standards
• Information Security Policies, Network Security, Process Improvement, Project Management, Contingency Testing, and Vulnerability Testing
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.