CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Java Developer in Fairfax, Virginia
Senior Java Developer
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Java Developer
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0419-0888
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking developers with client relationship skills who want to have a direct impact on the mission of a large government agency.The overall set of projects this new senior developer will be interacting with include some relatively new technologies that we have recently integrated into our applications or are actively working with our client to get approval to integrate. Some of these include:
• Advanced Workflow (using open source Activiti)
• Enterprise Messaging (using open source RabbitMQ)
• Data Visualization tools (Tableau and Qlik)
• Azure PaaS integration (including Kubernetes and PostgresSQL)
• RPA (robotics process automation)
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. May supervise more junior team members.
• Designs, develops, enhanves, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
• Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
• Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
• Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
• Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
• Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
• Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
• Acts as team leader on projects.
• Instructs, assigns directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team. Conducts peer code reviews.
• Participates in development of software user manuals.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Minimum 7 years’ experience in software development and IT consulting.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline
Will accept candidates with a Master’s degree + minimum 5 years’ experience
This position requires 1-2 days per week on-site with clients in Washington, DC or Arlington, VA.
Expertise in Java, JSP, Spring, Stripes, Hibernate, Oracle, MySQL, and Maven
Comfortable in front-end technologies and UI development
Experienced in Agile development methodologies and tools including JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, and Bitbucket
Comfortable mentoring junior developers as part of a larger project effort
Strong communication skills, able to translate functional requirements into technical terms and simply technical discussion for a non-technical audience.
Knowledge of the full software life cycle
Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance required
Not accepting visa sponsorship for this opportunity
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.