CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Database Architect in Fairfax, Virginia
Senior Database Architect
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Database Architect
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1019-2564
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Seeking a Senior Database Architect to support Information Technologies (IT) initiatives in healthcare and federal grants arena. The initiatives include Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to enable organizations to operate and maintain enterprise systems in response to various legislative, policy, management, and technology changes. The outcomes enable the organization to strengthen its program management and operations in support of its mission to improve and achieve health equity.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Senior Database Architect to design and develop databases, relational databases, Data Warehouses and Multidimensional Databases. The Senior Database Architect develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Designs and architecture and build out the physical database environments and application data model to support all application development efforts.
• Participate in and / or lead production troubleshooting, testing, optimization, performance tuning, and process automation efforts.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience with implementing highly scalable enterprise data architecture, security, auditing and medium-to-large data marts.
• Must be familiar with Postgres, cloud technologies and database virtualization tools.
• Experience in SQL tuning and query optimization tools such as SQL Trace, DBMS_PROFILER.
• Experienced with data replication, high availability, and data migrations tools and techniques.
• Experienced in building customer stored procedures, stored functions, views and triggers to automatically populate different tables.
• Experience with supporting large databases with high transaction volume
• Experience in working with application developers in troubleshooting code and tracing the ode to find out the issues.
• Expertise in change management and version control practices
• Working knowledge of software version control concepts and change management processes.
• Working knowledge of data modeling concepts.
• Working knowledge of automated job scheduling, backup, disaster recovery for large databases, automated database deployments using tools such as DBup, Octopus, and Jenkins.
• Working knowledge of data masking tools to mask enterprise data.
• Understanding of database audits, authentication and authorization security concepts.
• Understanding of all phases of the SDLC.
Demonstrated, hands-on experience with one or more of the following:
• Source control Integration
• Section 508 Compliance standards
• Information Security Policies, Network Security, Process Improvement, Project Management, Contingency Testing, and Vulnerability Testing
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.