CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Data Engineer in Fairfax, Virginia
Senior Data Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Data Engineer
Category: Analytics and Emerging Digital Technologies
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0122-0124
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal Emerging Technologies Practice (ETP) seeks a highly-motivated senior data engineer to join their Data team. The candidate will join a team of data engineers and data scientists that will work on collecting, storing, processing, and analysis of huge sets of data. Your primary focus will be in performing quantitative and qualitative analysis of data, developing production level dashboards, suggest and develop reporting solutions and analytic methodologies for improved data collection, mine data from primary and secondary sources, clean and prune data to discard irrelevant information, pinpoint trends, correlations, and patterns in complicated data sets.
Our employees work in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment where they work closely with our internal and external clients. We are on the cutting edge of technology, exploring exciting areas of our clients and our business while keeping up the standard of being leaders in the industry. Develop your career in a meaningful way and be part of our hardworking and dedicated team playing an integral role in providing support for processes, procedures, standards and tools.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design, develop & maintain ETLs to extract, transform and load the data into existing data warehouses.
• Design and implement solutions leveraging cloud native platforms.
• Develop production level dashboards to display trends, KPIs, and machine learning predictions.
• Analyze complex datasets, detect trends and patterns, develop conclusions, and provide recommendations.
• Collaborate with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and encouraging data-driven decision making across the organization.
• Research industry standards for reporting and BI across multiple business domains.
• Translate business needs and vision into roadmap, project deliverables & organization strategy.
• Ensure data accuracy and completeness.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology Management or related technical field.
• Must have an active US Secret clearance.
• Strong understanding of SQL and ETL tools with experience in relational databases.
• Experience with data visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
• Ability in managing large complex projects involving diverse datasets.
• Ability to understand various conceptual data models.
• Programming experience in Python or R.
• Knowledge of data science, machine learning and statistical modeling techniques.
• Adept at picking up new tools and technologies.
• Excellent technology communication and thought leadership skill.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology Management or related technical field.
• Proven ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a timeline driven environment.
• Experience with cloud providers – Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.