CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Counsel for Ethics Compliance in Fairfax, Virginia
Senior Counsel for Ethics Compliance
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Counsel for Ethics Compliance
Category: Legal Affairs
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0921-1158
Employment Type: Full Time
As a federal government contractor, CGI Federal has a strong commitment to ethics and integrity in its daily operations. CGI Federal’s Ethics and Compliance Program includes: a robust training curriculum; monthly ethics awareness bulletins featuring topical issues; a Hotline reporting system for ethical concerns; and its “Standards of Ethics and Business Conduct” (the “Standards”) along with corporate policies, procedures, and guidance.
CGI Federal seeks a seasoned attorney with significant experience in ethics compliance to serve as its Senior Counsel for Ethics Compliance. This position reports directly to CGI Federal’s General Counsel, who also serves as CGI Federal’s Ethics Officer and leads CGI Federal’s Legal, Compliance, and Corporate Contracts Department. The Senior Counsel for Ethics Compliance will play an integral part in the organization, design, implementation, and continuous improvement of CGI Federal’s Ethics and Compliance Program.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Specifically, the Senior Counsel for Ethics Compliance will perform the following key activities:
• Promote a strong ethics and compliance culture by developing an effective communication strategy and leading the development, deployment, and continuous improvement of CGI Federal’s Ethics and Compliance Program;
• Develop, implement, and administer CGI Federal’s ethics and compliance training curriculum in close coordination with CGI Federal’s training vendor to educate members and promote awareness of the legal/ethical standards that apply to their jobs;
• Maintain and update annually CGI Federal’s Standards and related corporate policies, procedures, and guidance;
• Keep abreast of legal developments and industry best practices affecting CGI Federal’s Ethics and Compliance Program (proactively recommend updates to CGI Federal’s policies, procedures, guidelines, and training materials);
• Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and develop/implement risk mitigation plans;
• Provide guidance to members on ethics, business conduct, and compliance matters;
• Conduct timely internal investigations of reported ethics incidents and collaborate with Business Unit leaders and other corporate functions (e.g., Security, Human Resources, etc.) to resolve reported concerns;
• Coordinate, manage, administer, and maintain the CGI Federal Hotline (including records of the investigation/resolution of all ethical concerns reported through the Hotline and other reporting channels);
• Assess and periodically report to the Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer on the operational effectiveness of CGI Federal’s Ethics and Compliance Program;
• Maintain records with respect to the CGI Federal’s Ethics and Compliance Program, including individual training records;
• Prepare quarterly ethics and compliance reports for CGI Federal’s Board of Directors; and
• Evaluate the Program’s effectiveness and recommend improvements on an annual basis by measuring and monitoring compliance activity and trends, participating or arranging for periodic compliance audits, and collecting employee feedback through surveys or other means.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The successful candidate must have: (1) a minimum of seven years of experience as an attorney at a law firm and/or as in-house counsel at a federal government contractor or agency; (2) significant relevant work experience in corporate ethics and compliance; and (3) qualify as Virginia Corporate Counsel with excellent references. Certification as Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP or CCEP-I) is a plus.
In addition, the successful candidate must: (1) be able to work independently with minimal supervision and simultaneously manage/coordinate multiple projects; (2) be detail-oriented, have strong organizational and emotional intelligence, and be able to interact effectively with members at all levels of management; and (3) have excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the creativity to develop training using plain and simple language to communicate compliance objectives.
Finally, the successful candidate should have experience with or exposure to federal government contract laws and regulations, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation, and corporate governance best practices as part of a global corporation.
Certification as Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP or CCEP-I) is a plus.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.