CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Release and Configuration Manager in Fairfax, Virginia
Release and Configuration Manager
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Release and Configuration Manager
Category: Project Management
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1019-2569
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Seeking a Release and Configuration Manager to support Information Technologies (IT) initiatives in healthcare and federal grants arena. The initiatives include Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to enable organizations to operate and maintain enterprise systems in response to various legislative, policy, management, and technology changes. The outcomes enable the organization to strengthen its program management and operations in support of its mission to improve and achieve health equity
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Release and Configuration Manager provides expertise in developing systems involving new technologies, methods, concepts or approaches. The Release and Configuration Manager formulates statements of management, scientific and business problems, and devises procedures for solutions of problems. The Release and Configuration Manager performs system development activities and design configuration management. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Provide oversight for configuration and release management for enterprise systems which includes planning, coordinating, and delivering software solutions from configuration, integration through build, test, release, and deployment.
• Collaboratively manage scope, cost, and schedule on multiple software development, configuration and release management process improvement project concurrently to deliver project milestones and value.
• Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, release notes, build artifacts, configuration management database, charts, and dashboards.
• Develop and maintain consistent configuration / release management policies and processes and provide governance to ensure compliance.
• Ensure policies and processes are updated as the configuration / release management program matures.
• Lead deployments through the production change management process.
• Direct non-production and production deployments with members of other teams.
• Lead initiatives to improve the build and deployment process.
• Make recommendations to improve quality, reporting, and reduce build and deployment time.
• Coordinate configuration / release activities with other teams (internal and external), partnering with the multiple vendor group to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.
• Experience with implementing continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI / CD) pipeline for mid-to-large enterprise system to automatically build and deploy a product without impacting users.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Must demonstrate experience with configuration management database, DevOps and DevSecOps methodologies.
• Must be familiar with Jenkins, Octopus, SonarQube, Team Foundation Server, and Jira to manage the configuration and release activities.
• Must be familiar with Jira and Salesforce systems to generate reports and manage tickets
• Source control Integration
• Section 508 Compliance standards
• Information Security Policies, Network Security, Process Improvement, Project Management, Contingency Testing, and Vulnerability Testing
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.