CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Project Manager with Insurance Experience in Fairfax, Virginia
Project Manager with Insurance Experience
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Want to join one of the world's leading technology consulting companys?
CGI is looking of a Client-facing Project Manager with experience in complex software implementation/engagements working in a dynamic team using the latest technology in our Fairfax office!
In this role you will manage client stakeholders’ communication; Hands on and oversight management throughout the program life cycle; Ensuring the program governance (decision matrix and guiderails) are adhered to; Planning the overall program and monitoring the progress; Managing the program’s budget; Managing risks and issues and taking corrective measurements; Coordinating the work streams and their interdependencies; Managing and utilizing resources across projects; Aligning the deliverables (outputs) to the program’s “outcome” with the aid of the VP Program Consulting; and managing the main program documentations such as the program initiation document.
The ideal candidate must have enterprise software implementation experience. Claims and/or Billing Experience in the insurance software market is a plus/preferred, client facing role heavy client site travel requirement of up to 50%
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Planning, managing and executing large-scale application development engagements, specifically pertaining to Claims and/or Billing implementation work streams
• Working closely with the technical teams to develop and manage project schedules, change requests, issues, risks, and communications
• Driving the project team to meet and exceed milestone delivery while controlling project scope, budget, and quality to ensure successful, on time delivery
• Maintaining regular, direct interaction and communication with the full range of OneShield and Client stakeholders, including Executive Leadership.
• Managing one or more project work streams concurrently, including staff allocations in support of budgets, dependencies and deliverables
• Experience managing projects that are complex and that involve multiple integration points in an iterative, rapid application development environment
• Strong leadership skills, with the ability to drive large technical and non-technical teams internal and external to OneShield.
• Strong understanding of the Waterfall Software Development Lifecycle and Agile implementation methodologies.
• Sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with concerns that are not readily defined and that require short and long-term impact assessment.
• Open and effective communication skills aligned with the audience
• Ability to demonstrate an adaptive and flexible style that is effective in gaining cooperation of others to maintain effective partnerships within the OneShield and client organizations
• Ability to develop project schedules, budgets, and resource maps
• Ability to delegate to maximize organizational effectiveness while maintaining responsibility for project success.
• Ability to influence Senior Management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge.
• Subject matter expertise in the Claims and/or Billing domain is preferred
• Consulting experience is strongly preferred
Essential Skills Required:
• 5-7 years' Insurance Property & Casualty; Commercial Lines preferred
• Position requires up to 50% domestic travel to client site
• High level of self-confidence and PM skills to gain client credibility
• Aptitude to learn new technologies, applications, and business areas
• Ability to recognize issues requiring escalation
• Experience in tracking bug resolutions
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
• Ability to perform work in tight scheduled time frames
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• PMP Certification preferred
• Bachelors Degree, Masters a plus
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
- Project Management
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.