CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Programmer Analyst (Mid) in Fairfax, Virginia
Programmer Analyst (Mid)
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Programmer Analyst (Mid)
Category: Cyber Security Consulting
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0320-1846
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Mid-level Programmer Analyst. In this position you will work with multiple IT disciplines in shaping, executing and sustaining a shared service platform focused on identify and mitigate a wide range of cyber risks. You will work on projects with the Operations team to support the client’s mission, priorities, and unique challenges.
As a Programmer Analyst, you will work with stakeholders to analyze business and enterprise requirements, participate in strategic design and architectural decisions, write code to automate process and perform ETL actions between assets using existing and custom APIs. This mid-level opportunity is a great way to support a vital Federal mission and join CGI, a premier systems integrator and application development firm.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Translate business requirements into system design plans, incorporating system specifications, application architecture, data import/export and ETL functions, data conversion issues, reports, and other functions.
• Develop custom tools using Python/T-SQL/Ruby to address platform specific use cases.
• Work with developers, business users and other operations staff to perform and coordinate the planning, testing, and implementation of database and application upgrades as needed.
• Create APIs and troubleshoot data connections between COTS security tools and the data integration layer.
• Create and maintain documentation for all aspects of software implementation, including timelines, system schematics and diagrams, business recovery procedures, and user documentation.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the contract requirements, US citizenship and successful passing of CGI background check is required prior to beginning work. In addition, candidates must have an active DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience/combined education.
• 2 years' experience in programming/application development with programming tools (Python, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell, SQL, JSON).
• Experience using APIs to extract data, performing transformations and loading data using pre-defined formats.
• Experience documenting technical requirements using Visio, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient at multi-tasking and proactive in work responsibilities.
• SAFe Agile experience.
• Knowledge of US Government enterprise and network security concepts and solutions.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.