CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Product Owner - Cloud in Fairfax, Virginia
Product Owner - Cloud
Find similar career opportunities
Product Owner - Cloud
Category: Project Management
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1218-1332
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is seeking an experienced Product Owner (PO) for the Unify360 development team. The PO will be an embedded member of the scrum teams and will work with Product Management, Architecture, subject matter experts and other stakeholders to define, prioritize, and validate user stories in the product backlog. The Product Owner will own the team backlog and serve as the main source for story details, acceptance criteria and priorities. The ideal candidate will have experience with cloud management, hybrid IT, ITSM and IT administration/operations.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
A full time member of an agile team, the Product Owner (PO) works with Product Management and other stakeholders to define and prioritize User and Enabler Stories in the Team Backlog. The PO is the primary team member responsible for accepting new features and stories, and guiding work to completion following agile principles. For work that spreads across multiple teams, the PO will work with their peers to ensure user story priorities are aligned and coordinated to drive features to completion.
The PO owns the Team Backlog and its implementation. The PO contributes to the vision and refinement of the Program Backlog, serves as the main source for story detail and priorities for each Program Iteration (PI) and is responsible for iteration plan acceptance, story acceptance criteria and acceptance of stories as done. The PO role requires an individual with strong collaborative skills with a systems thinking mentality who can work with technical and nontechnical stakeholders to continually ensure their team is executing the highest priority, value added work. The PO should:
• Work as an embedded resource to one or more scrum teams, both within and across teams to ensure the integrity of feature capabilities
• Prepare and participate in release planning
• Own the team backlog
o Key stakeholder in story definition, assisting the team with clarification, estimates, story sequencing and team objectives for program increments
o The PO will be instrumental in helping teams decide what work to pull when based on several variables which include ROI, size of the work, dependencies, and business priorities
o Backlog refinement – Build, prune, and maintain the team backlog with input from the key stakeholders
o Iteration planning – Review and prioritize the backlog for iteration planning including coordination of dependencies with other related product owners
• Be the prime source for user story detail and priorities
o Participate in development of story acceptance criteria
o Draft stories
o Validate that stories meet acceptance criteria and completeness
• Collaborate with the team to continuously improve and define its mission
• Play a key role in driving and developing sprint and PI demos
• Be a key contributor in the team retrospective helping drive improvements across the team
• Inspect and adapt – address the team impediments in the inspect and adapt workshop by working across teams to define and implement improvement stories that will increase the quality and velocity of the team
• Manage communications and relationships with diverse stakeholders, ranging from Product Managers, Project Managers, developers, designers, QA engineers, architects, and requirements analysts.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner or similar role
• Domain knowledge in IT operations/administration with thorough understanding of cloud and hybrid IT management aspects including security, performance and application monitoring, patch management and service management
• Demonstrates initiative and strong attention to detail
• Top notch organizational skills and ability to work within processes.
• Team player with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and goals.
• Ability to translate and articulate business needs into software requirements/User Stories.
• Ability to work closely with technical leads, engineering teams and architecture stakeholders for technical issues, architectural considerations and engineering assessment of product goals.
• Ability to understand complex business needs and translating them into detailed, executable functional requirements
• Skills in writing customer-centric documentation (user stories/Use Cases/features/requirements) for the product backlog.
• Strong emphasis on teamwork and close collaboration across all roles and functions
• Ability to provide appropriate and informed guidance and business direction, and break down complex problems into actionable steps that drive product development.
• Ability to groom the feature backlog to enable accelerated software development while ensuring coordination across teams and alignment with stakeholder expectations
• Excellent communication skills and understanding of the agile software development principles.
• Strong presentation and leadership skills.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills.
• BS/BA degree.
• 3+ years of experience in cloud, hybrid IT management, IT operations/administration and/or ITSM solutions
• Excellent product delivery skills as an Agile Product Owner.
• Agile process experience in organizing and guiding teams to succeed.
• Knowledge of user experience design and/or demonstrated influence on improved UX.
• Experience with Agile frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, SAFe.
• Experience working with brand new applications or legacy applications.
• Experience working with a remote team.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.