CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Power BI Administrator in Fairfax, Virginia
Power BI Administrator
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Power BI Administrator
Category: Project Management
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0921-2857
Employment Type: Full Time
Would you like to be part of an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Come join us at CGI to begin a new project supporting one of our clients in an exciting industry. You’ll have the opportunity to play a key role in the stand-up of the new operational model and team. Based on our industry-specific focus, we can offer you a work environment where you will be challenged and will grow and develop your career in a meaningful way. We will help you reach your full potential by providing learning materials & training, mentoring & coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback. Plus opportunities to advance!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Perform administrative functions to ensure proper global settings configuration and provision organizational resources in all aspects of Power BI Desktop and Power BI Cloud Service.
• Monitor server activity/usage statistics to identify possible performance issues/enhancements.
• Architect and build the Power BI platform including Capacity Creation and Management, Deployment Pipeline creation, Data Connection creation and update, User and Group access provisioning, Power BI Gateway (Installation, Configuration, setup and design, security, configuration updates), Power BI Dashboard (development, maintenance, bugfix, enhancement, performance optimization).
• Work with business teams to implement best practices for managing user and group permissions, workbooks and projects, database views, data sources and data connections.
• Contribute significantly to capacity planning activities and knowledge supporting similar products at the enterprise level.
• Develop and document standards/best practices for development and administration of the Power BI platform.
• Assist in development of workbooks and dashboards to support business initiatives.
• Work closely with cybersecurity to maintain a hardened Power BI environment.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3+ years’ experience installing and supporting complex report development experience utilizing Power BI or similar report development software.
• Experience with cloud migration of Microsoft services.
• Experience in managing Microsoft Office365 collaboration suite (SharePoint, Exchange, Teams).
• Assist users within the organization by provisioning new accounts, granting access, and providing issue related support.
• Proactively monitor, optimize, and report on BI platform performance/
• Ability to work with other administrators to troubleshoot software and/or hardware issues/failures.
• Contributes input into infrastructure architecture and ensures infrastructure architecture is implemented as intended.
• Documentation skills and ability to create training and job aide material.
• Work with trouble ticket systems, response to support requests and resolution to issues based on set SLA.
• Ability to work in an agile environment.
• Due to contract requirements, US citizenship is required
• Azure or any other cloud experience.
• Experience working with big data/Hadoop environment.
• Knowledge of other BI tools (Tableau).
• Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification preferred.
BI Reporting Tool (BIRT)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.