CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. OPL Support in Fairfax, Virginia
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1119-0655
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is looking for a Opportunity Pursuit Leader (OPL) support SME that will be responsible for pursuit strategy and development, primarily focused across our HHS portfolio of business. The OPL support SME is responsible for the capture assistance of assigned opportunities in support of the SAJE Health Practice strategy. He/she must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The ideal candidate will have business development experience in the Federal Health IT market. This individual will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity for each capture. He/she will support capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Support pipeline identification and upkeep
• Support development of capture strategies/win themes/discriminators.
• Brainstorm solid and effective technical, operational, management, personnel, business and pricing strategies, approaches and/or solutions and overall vision.
• Maintain proposal plans to ensure the feasibility and appropriateness of schedules, and perform change management in coordination with proposal and team.
• Support/lead internal opportunity pursuit/capture and proposal development activities
• Assemble and manage the direction of the core capture team: proposal specialists, writers, coordinators, subject matter experts, and functional leads across the organization and externally as necessary, including B&P, consultant, key hires, etc
• Ensure that final proposal products are fully compliant with the RFP requirements and are consistent with the direction of the executive team
• Ensure that key milestones for final content review, white glove, and production are met without exception to ensure on-time delivery of proposals
• Briefs capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process
• Conducts after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
• Prepare and maintain the capture plan and schedule, and secure BU BD approval of the plan, including interim approvals as it evolves
• Collect/document intelligence about the customer, procurement, competition, and price
• Identify potential BD risks and development avoidance and mitigation strategies
• Respond to RFI or Sources Sought Information requests as appropriate, coordinating the requisite resources needed for a response and ensuring the right message is conveyed for the RFI response, and in consideration of CGI Federal’s win strategy
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Over 3+ years of Strong leadership, teamwork, interpersonal skills and experience with managing multiple capture efforts and creating winning proposals in U.S. Government accounts.
Ability to conceptualize a vision for winning, to develop a capture plan that implements the vision, adjust the vision as the procurement unfolds, and to manage the capture activities and team to achieve the vision
Ability to understand customer’s needs and objectives both CGI Federal customers and the ultimate customers who will evaluate the proposal
Patience and people skills to achieve effective progress, anticipate problems, and keep capture activities moving forward
Proven track record in managing and motivating large winning cross-functional capabilities and proposals effectively and consistently.
Executing all phases of a large, multi-year capture effort, including strategic planning, addressable market analysis, competitive analysis, teaming, price-to-win analysis, and full proposal development.
Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
Understanding of Federal market, trends, competitive pressures, and regulatory constraints.
Strong written and verbal skills to effectively communicate the capture plan and status across the capture team and upwards to management
Deep understanding of pricing, baseline pricing strategies, and the evolution of pricing strategies into business strategies that are competitive and compelling for the customer.
Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers across the Client Company.
Exceptional time management skills
Familiarity with Federal Health IT domain (HHS, SSA, DHA, etc.)
• Problem-Solving Skills – the candidate will need to be able to think creatively and resolve customer challenges as it relates to project requirements.
• Teamwork and Leadership – the candidate will be responsible for coordinating input of multiple CGI teams and customers, including product management, product engineering, business development and customers support. The candidate will need to lead meetings to collect information and then unite disparate input into a cohesive customer plan.
• Communication and Presentation Skills – The candidate will be responsible for presenting to C-level executives of CGI and customer management.
Business Continuity Planning
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.