CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. .NET Developer in Fairfax, Virginia
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0719-2368
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking a Mid - Senior .Net Developer to join an exciting team that provides support to federal client. The selected candidate will join the project team as a developer and be involved in the design, development, testing and implementation of enhanced capabilities of three web based applications and in their maintenance and support going forward. The responsibilities include:
• Translate functional designs into technical designs
• Diagnose application, infrastructure, and technology issues, define an appropriate solution, support the resolution, and document the incident
• Resolve any outstanding issues, defects or bugs
• Provide production support
• Perform analysis to determine all the portions of the application which will need updating to implement the proposed changes
• Develop and unit test code in accordance with the defined technical designs
• Create unit test plans which detail test conditions and expected results
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code
• Conduct code reviews to ensure compliance with application development standards, technical requirements, and designed specifications
• Test code changes and resolve differences between expected and actual results
• Prepare and produce releases of software components and Verify deliverables
• Deploy updated application to testing and/or development environments
• Assist with troubleshooting technical problems and issues
• Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for technical review
• Create and develop Unit test cases
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The selected candidate will be responsible for establishing, enforcing, and following coding standards across all 3 systems, implementation deliverables and ensuring on-time delivery of solutions that meet project expectations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• BS in Computer Science or related IT field
• 5+ years of experience in Java Development
• Proven hands-on Software Development experience
• Working experience in .Net, C## and Java development
• Hands-on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
• Object-oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
• Excellent Database knowledge
• Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework
• Experience with JQuery library
• Designing and developing custom software solutions
• Experience writing well designed, testable, efficient code
• Experience translating functional requirements into functional and technical design specifications
• Good communication skills and ability to communicate clearly with clients and team members
Technologies and skill set:
• JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5.1.2 and above, JBoss Enterprise Web Server (EWS) 1.0 and above
• Crystal Reports 10 and above, 18.104.22.168.
• Linux Red Hat Enterprise (RHEL) 6.5 and above
• JDK Tools 1.6 and above
• XML, XSLT, XSL, HTML, CSS, DTD
• Putty Suite, Unix
• Https protocol
• Oracle Database JDBC
• Apache Subversion, Ant, Maven SonarQube, Google Analytics,
• Active Directory, LDAP, Single Sign-On OpenText360 Execute 360, Documentum,
• Oracle 11g and above, Oracle Stored Procedures, PL/SQL,
• MS IIS, MS Windows 2003 and above,
• Web Services (SOAP/REST), WSDL,
• Visual Studio .NET Framework 2.5 and above and C##
• Internet Explorer 9 and above, Chrome 43 and above,
• Adobe Portal Document Format (PDF),
• MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS SharePoint and MS Visio,
• CA-Central (Rally)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.