Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
Main location: United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Position ID: J0923-0392
Employment Type: Full Time
This position is contingent upon contract award
We are seeking a highly motivated knowledgeable Master Scheduler in the PMO to lead the Project Scheduling effort and provide expertise, guidance and support to our PM, Control Account Managers, technical leads for one of our major customers. This position will direct and provide hands on support for the creation, execution, and monitoring of Integrated Master Schedule, and all supporting project scheduling activities and requirements, according to the SOW and EVM requirements. The Master Scheduler will specialize in implementing industry-standard scheduling best practices, as well as, change management and configuration control. They also will possess excellent project management abilities, strong technical skills, and strong interpersonal skills. In doing so, you will also…
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead integrated project scheduling activities on a large, complex program
• Lead the development of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) by working with Program Managers, Control Account Managers, team leads, and technical team leads to determine critical tasks and their interdependencies across the program
• Produce scheduling status reports used at Program Management meetings
• Develop and maintain schedule artifacts and other program documentation related to deliverables to the customer and to the CGI leadership
• Determine the critical path of the assigned portions of program based on schedule progress and established task dependencies
• Support data transfer from Microsoft Project to the team’s Earned Value Management tool and ensure accuracy of data
• Comply with internal procedures and government cost/schedule reporting regulations
• Actively participate in Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs) and weekly/monthly program status reviews (PSRs) as required by contract.
• Interact daily with technical leads, the CGI leadership, and client personnel by providing schedule status data
• Identify, develop, and implement processes improving scheduling and coordination efforts
• Create and maintain IMS Data Dictionary
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 8-10 years program scheduling experience
• Mastery with industry project scheduling software; preference given to MS Project
• Demonstrated expert knowledge in determining the Critical Path and performing schedule status updates
• Demonstrated knowledge of scheduling for projects using Earned Value Management
• Experience creating and managing resource loaded schedules, Gantt charts, and dependencies
• Experience in developing the resource loaded IMS utilizing IMP/BOE/PWS
• Ability to establish working relations at all organizational levels and demonstrate ability to diplomatically and effectively deal with Government officials and program office stakeholders
• Self-motivator with ability to work as part of a team or independently with little supervision or direction
• Ability to balance and prioritize many diverse tasks at once
• Experience in Schedule Risk Analysis (Monte Carlo) determining schedule feasibility associating with risks
• Direct recent experience running DCMA 14-point schedule assessments
• Experience in developing and implementing Baseline Change Requests
• Develop and support weekly IMS status updates/processes/weekly schedule status reports including SPI/Critical Paths/2 weeks head ups
• Develop and maintain EVM comparable IMS and support monthly IPMR deliverables
• Demonstrated understanding of project management and the application of project management processes
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Must be able to maintain configuration control.
• Proficient with other MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio and SharePoint)
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is highly desired
• PMI-SP (Scheduling Professional) certification is highly desired
• Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
• Experience on large-scale software development projects
• Working knowledge of Deltek Acumen
• Familiarity with SSI Tools
• Familiarity with schedule risk analysis (SRA) software; preferably: Barbecana Full Monte or SSI Tools’ SRA
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $84,000-$142,900.
Let’s talk about benefits
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid maternity and parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
- Earned Value Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.