CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Manager - U.S. Immigration Member Support Team in Fairfax, Virginia
Manager - U.S. Immigration Member Support Team
Find similar career opportunities
Manager - U.S. Immigration Member Support Team
Category: Human Resources
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1218-1062
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI US is seeking a U.S. Immigration Member Support Team Leader to enhance their current organization. The U.S. Immigration Member Support Team manages internal customers and new hires with US immigration case management and works in close partnership with our external Immigration Legal Counsel.
You will be responsible for coaching and developing team members, evaluating and improving the immigration processes both for today and for the future. The right leader for this role values continuous improvement, process and data inspection, seeking customer feedback, and enjoys growing programs and capabilities.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Understand current state of system, processes, and U.S. immigration policy and regulations
• Continually identify areas of redundancy or no-value add to ensure process, procedure, and staffing optimization
• Managing a team of U.S. Immigration Specialists focused on delivering support to our internal business partners and employees, each of whom will own complex projects, which could include H-1B cap; H-4 EAD contingency planning; PERM; Blanket L program; TN; F-1 STEM EAD
• Ensure team receives regular U.S. immigration training via work with external counsel, participation in webinars, seminars or conferences, and in internal meetings
• Work with senior leadership within the Global Immigration Operations & Services Team, Legal, Public Policy, to review and understand impact of immigration changes and develop associated processes or filing strategies as needed
• Educate managers and business partners on employee U.S. immigration concerns, strategies, and guidelines
• Deliver business solutions - consult with the business and HR on immigration requirements and potential risks, develop solutions to meet immediate and long-term business objectives.
• Communicate regular updates to employees and stakeholders both verbally and in writing
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Hands on leader with proven track record of transforming immigration processes, programs, and teams
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or equivalent experience
• 8+ years of U.S. immigration experience, either within a law firm (such as a paralegal with responsibility for immigration petition preparation/filing) or in-house in an organization with a significant volume of immigration-supported employees
• 5+ years of experience in managing a small to mid-size team with successful track record of developing talent
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.