CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Lead Solutions Architect in Fairfax, Virginia
Lead Solutions Architect
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Lead Solutions Architect
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0320-1682
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
As the Lead Solution Architect, you will apply your real-world expertise to enable clients to modernize to AWS cloud-native solutions at scale. Your expertise in AWS services, cloud-native development, agile, continuous deployment, automated testing, and DevSecOps will be instrumental in enabling our client to achieve their modernization objectives. As our project’s Lead Solution Architect and member of our program management team, you will be responsible for leading technical solution efforts, working closely with our client. Ready to roll up our sleeves, you’ll help your team solve complex technical challenges
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work with clients and agile product team to understand technical and business requirements to make recommendations for optimum modernization paths.
• Diagnose application, infrastructure, and technology issues using various resources; define an appropriate solution; support the resolution and document the plan forward.
• Develop solution architectures for enhancements, systems, and technologies leveraging cloud-native services.
• Support Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs) , including cost estimation; outline potential solution approaches; and vet approaches with Product Managers, CGI program managers, and other SMEs.
• Prepare and clearly articulate solution options and recommendations to clients and CGI leadership.
• Identify and evaluate systems and client needs to define a roadmap that maximizes the use of advanced technology and existing investments.
• Scope technical epics. Review epics with the team, ensuring comprehension of the subject matter and feature scope prior to development.
• Provide ongoing support to teams to help keep overall solution vision on track, make technical trade-offs where necessary, and support the identification and escalation of risks.
• Define architecture and development best practices, supporting approval and implementation.
• Mentor developers and other technical resources to learn the ins and outs of the services and solutions that will enable our clients to modernize their enterprises.
• Collaborate with Data Architects and Security Leads to design solutions that meet client business objectives bearing in mind objectives, costs, and risk.
• Focus on solution development throughout the product lifecycle
• Provide expertise to support security/Authority to Operate (ATO) processes
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or IT
• 10+ years of experience as a Solution Architect for large scale enterprise solutions
• 5+ years of experience developing systems utilizing AWS Cloud-native designs
• Direct experience architecting solutions leveraging AWS cloud-native services including S3, Elasticsearch, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, and Redshift
• Strong technical background with experience in driving the solution/designs
• Excellent communication skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
• Working experience with traditional and NoSQL DBs
• Demonstrated experience as a technical lead of a large-scale modernization to an AWS cloud infrastructure
• Experience developing and troubleshooting Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines to AWS environments with Infrastructure-As-A-Service (IaaS) support
• Ability to work in an agile environment (SAFe® experience desirable)
• AWS Solutions Architect certification(s) highly desirable
• Ability to obtain a Tier 2/Moderate Risk government security clearance
Cloud Native Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.