CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Lead Integration Engineer/Lead DevOps Engineer in Fairfax, Virginia
Lead Integration Engineer/Lead DevOps Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Lead Integration Engineer/Lead DevOps Engineer
Category: Cyber Security
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0421-1754
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Integration Engineer/Lead DevOps Engineer on our DHS CDM DEFEND program. This person will have a strong security focus and extensive experience to help with DevOps security initiatives and implement best practices in the areas of infrastructure, network security and secure coding as well as compliance and policy. The individual in this role will be part of an agile team and work closely with the Solution Architect and AWS Architecture team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Implementing several common Continuous Deployment use cases using AWS technologies, including blue/green deployment and A/B testing.
• Providing detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, effort and time necessary.
• Responsible for automating platform deployments including DEV, TEST, STAGING and PROD.
• Providing hands-on support for CI/CD and other automation initiatives (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Bamboo, Jenkins or similar technologies).
• Deploy updates, fixes and patches as needed.
• Assist other Engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of various teams.
• Provide Level 2 technical support.
• Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
• Develop scripts/tools to automate duties where possible.
• Contribute to business development activities which may include responding to RFP/RFA, preparing impact assessments and providing cost estimations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the contract requirements, US citizenship and successful passing of CGI background check is required prior to beginning work. In addition, candidates must have ability to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in hands-on leadership of technical projects.
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in IT.
• Understanding of provisioning and managing infrastructure as well as applications in cloud environments, preferably in AWS.
• Experience with scripting in Bash, Python, Groovy or Ruby.
• Experience with open technologies such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, DevSecOps and related Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, including Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet, Git and others.
• Experience working with XML, JSON and YAML for configuration.
• Work with the task lead to outline the governance and development principles as well as ensuring the best practices are followed by the development team.
• Responsible for project technical deliverables.
• Work collaboratively with team, to understand the business domain and client requirements that drive analysis, architecture/design and development of quality technical solutions and deliverables.
• Maintain cutting edge knowledge of current and emerging technologies, industry trends and standards.
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills in a technical environment.
• Solid knowledge of the project development and software development life cycle.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Team player (coaching more junior team members).
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with an ability to build consensus and manage relationships.
• Superior communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Resolve technical issues for Designers and Developers during project lifecycle and through debugging, research and investigation.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Perform unit testing of application code.
• Experience working in an Agile (SAFe) environment.
• Experience with ETL and Data Ingestion/Transformation.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.