CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Jr. Java Developer in Fairfax, Virginia
Jr. Java Developer
Find similar career opportunities
Jr. Java Developer
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0419-0789
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is looking for Developers to join our Federal Business Unit in our Fairfax, VA office or at the customer site in Arlington, VA. The successful candidate will support various projects with the Federal government and work on a team supporting an extensive application portfolio. Duties will include maintenance of existing applications and contributing towards design and implementation of evolving applications.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Planning, analysis, design, coding, and testing software applications
• Work as integral member of technical teams, supporting standard SDLC phases by regularly performing tasks such as interpreting program specifications and providing analysis, contributing to design, programming/coding, and testing results.
• Debug programs and troubleshoot application issues, in production and development.
• Implement SOA based enterprise applications, modify and maintain SOA services, and provide technical guidance related to SOA.
• Implement secure applications
• Design and implement secure document control systems
• Develop program specifications
• Develop via service-oriented, and RUP-based development methodologies and Agile
• Create and maintain technical documentation
• Coordinate with management, other business groups, departments, and IT staff
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 1-2+ years’ experience developing in the .NET Framework or Java, Web Services/SOAP, Object Oriented design experience, XML.. WCF, WWF, NHibernate/Entity Framework, Spring.NET, WSDL, AOP, Dependency Injection, Microsoft MVC, Microsoft Razor, XML, SQL Server, Oracle
• 1-2+ years’ experience analyzing and maintaining solutions built using legacy MSFT technologies - > VB6, DNA architectures, classic ASP, IIS 6.0, etc.
• Experience in upgrading application technology stack from legacy MSFT technologies to .NET or JEE platforms is a plus
• Experience in all phases of the SDLC including analysis, design, coding, and testing.
• Experience with OO and SOA concepts.
• Knowledge of and experience with all phases of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and hybrid agile and its disciplines.
• Experiencing doing development using an iterative approach.
• Knowledge of and experience with Agile practices including SCRUM, Kanban, and TDD.
• Working knowledge of UML notations.
• US Citizenship required with ability to successfully obtain mid-level, agency specific security clearance (e.g., no bankruptcies within the last 26 years and no criminal records). Position is contingent on the candidate passing the Agency’s rigorous background investigation.
• Experience with other languages a plus.
• Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• Experience with SharePoint, Salesforce, or Pega
• Disaster recovery support
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.