CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Jr. Full Stack Developer in Fairfax, Virginia
Jr. Full Stack Developer
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Jr. Full Stack Developer
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1119-0654
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Be part of something exciting. Do you want to take control of your future? Are you ready for the responsibility of working with high profile clients in the federal space? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a dynamic company that gives you a direct stake in its success? If you do then join us as a Full-Stack Developer. Knowledge in Microsoft .Net, Angular 4+ and Node.js are important skillsets for the role, as we help our client move to more open source tools and technologies. We are looking for a talented individual with a keen eye to details and willingness to expand their skills to join our architecture development team.
This position would suit a dynamic, innovative and enthusiastic software developer with a proven track record not only in delivering quality applications, but also in providing excellent customer service. We work in a very collaborative environment where excellent communication skills are needed
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for translating software requirements into workable web based applications, including writing specifications and designing, building, testing, implementing and supporting applications using ASP.Net, C#, Angular 4+, and Node.js.
• Participate in project planning sessions with technical and functional leads, business analysts and other team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution
• Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations, incorporate security requirements into design, and provide input to data flow
• Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications, identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues
• Participate in supporting or migrating existing Microsoft ASP.Net/Classic ASP code set into MEAN stack (Angular 4+ and Node.js)
• Participate in software releases using Agile development and DevSecOps model
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 3 years of software development experience
• Minimum 3 years Oracle SQL or TSQL
• Minimum 3 years of experience with designing and developing applications using .NET development platform (ASP.Net, C#)
• Strong knowledge and experience in Angular, Node.js, Bootstrap, CSS, HTML 5
• Experience with MEAN stack
• Strong knowledge of SDLC methodologies (e.g., Agile), and industry best practices and processes
• Knowledgeable in Web Services
• Understanding of AWS
• Experience in agile tools such as Jira, Confluence and version control system like Git, TFS is a plus
• Excellent communication skills/interpersonal skills and experience interacting with team and clients
• Proven problem solving skills and ability to work independently
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines, and flexibility between tasks
• Ability to share technical knowledge across team
• Experience and/or knowledge of Aurora MySQL
• Experience implementing and/or leveraging micro-services architecture
• Automation testing experience and skills using test scripting tools (e.g., Katalon, Selenium, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.