CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Insurance Group - Senior Business Analyst in Fairfax, Virginia
Insurance Group - Senior Business Analyst
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City:Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Client-facing Property and Casualty Claims Business Domain Expert with experience/knowledge of the end to end P&C Claims business process from Notification of Loss through Claims investigation, evaluation and disposition. The role will be both business and IT facing and include representing Claims business partners to IT in the capacity of a business analyst. This will be a highly visible, client facing role that will act as the business liaison between the customer and technical teams.
Critical skills will require working with P&C Claims business stakeholders to determine and document functional, transactional and insurance product requirements. The individual must have Claims insurance business knowledge/experience and the capability to provide end to end business analyst support, Travel requirement of up to 50%.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Perform business and systems analysis for large, complex engagements
• Write use cases, functional specifications and end user documentation
• Exhibit leadership skills for a project for top clients
• Work with project manager and implementation manager to manage their BA project activities
• Work with project and implementation management at the project planning level with regard to their BA activities
• Act as the point of contact, manage client expectations and establish proper levels of client
• Manage all BA project activities and deliverables
• Escalate concerns and issues to project management
• Provide high level project updates on project issues, plans and project direction
• Aptitude to learn and demonstrate above average knowledge of OneShield suite of products
• Perform System process analysis to include identification of interface points and other workflow considerations
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5 plus years of experience with end to end Commercial Lines Claims business processes
• Facilitation skills to work with Claims business clients to develop business requirements
• Experience representing Claims business clients in IT project engagements
• Experience with Claims business systems or applications
• High level of self-confidence and confident BA skills that gain client credibility
• Aptitude to learn and demonstrate above average knowledge of client products, technologies, applications, and business areas
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and communication (verbal and written) skills
• Ability to plan and create work estimates
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Ability to travel up to 50% travel to client site
• Based in a US city in proximity to a CGI office
- Business Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.