CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Information System Security Officer in Fairfax, Virginia
Information System Security Officer
Find similar career opportunities
Information System Security Officer
Category: Cyber Security Consulting
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0319-0750
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is in search of a Senior Information Security Consultant to join our rapidly growing team.
The Security Consultant will join the United States Industry Solutions Security (USIS) Strategy and Market Solutions team supporting governance, risk, security and compliance consulting focusing on various industries to include state and local government sectors. The successful candidate will collaborate with application owners, security specialists, and service providers to assist CGI clients in building effective security strategies and deploying effective security solutions while addressing ever-changing regulatory and industry compliance challenges. The Senior Consultant will understand applicable state and local laws as well as the regulatory requirements in one or more industries. This consultant requires the ability to discuss security architecture that CGI designs to protect infrastructure, platforms, and applications.
CGI security practice utilizes the Security System Development Lifecycle, Agile, and Secure DevOps methodologies to respond to threats, reduce risks, and create secure operating environments for our clients. If you are an experienced consultant looking to utilize critical thinking skills, who does not hesitate to question the status quo, as well as able to work with leaders and team members at all levels of the organization, across functional lines, using your analytical skills to think outside the box, then CGI has an opportunity for you.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Functions:
• Serve as a security expert for one or two of CGI’s sectors within USIS; These include Government, Healthcare, Finance, Insurance, Utilities and Energy.
• Understands the regulatory and industry-specific security requirements, such as NIST SP 800-53, the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, and related publications, Payment Card Industry – Digital Security Standards (PCI-DSS), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) / Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH), IRS Publication 1075, Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM), Security, Trust & Assurance Registry (STAR), International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 2700x, The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP), North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), and Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (GLBA).
• Assess 3rd party cloud service providers for the client and industry standards compliance
• Assess maturity levels of clients IT Security Program, develops programs as required.
• Analyze and design controls to secure on and off premise private, public, community, and hybrid cloud environments
• Coordinates the preparation of and may prepare document packages for regulatory submissions from all areas of company as well as for internal and external audits and inspections. May serve as point of contact for interactions with regulatory agencies for defined matters.
• Analyzes business activities and operations for risk. Identifies areas of potential loss or damage and quantifies impact. Implements and evaluates compliance with business risk-reduction policies, processes and standards. May participate in the development and maintenance of disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
• Assist in assessing and responding to public sector bid solicitations.
• Travel between 25-50% of time.
• Must be based in proximity to a CGI office.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10 years of design and planning experience related to information security, IT infrastructure, architecture or applications.
• 5 years of experience delivering consulting services including substantial interaction with executive or senior client management
• 5 years of experience developing program plans or strategic plans related to information security, IT infrastructure, risk management, or related areas
• 5 years of working in risk assessments, risk management, controls monitoring, controls audits.
• 5 years of policy, procedures, standards, work instructions, report generation and managing projects.
• One or more industry recognized certifications in information security (e.g., CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc.)
• 5 years experience Enterprise IT security risk assessments and related frameworks (e.g., ISO 27000 series, NIST 800 Series, COBIT, IT General Controls, etc.)
• 5 years experience: PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, GLBA, FISMA, NIST or other compliance frameworks
• 5 years Experience with multiple, simultaneous vendor management
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college
• Experience in IT Security Testing (e.g., penetration testing, web application security assessments, vulnerability assessments and technical security assessments
• Secure SDLC, Agile, or DevOps experience
• Experience in Identity and Access Management
• Experience in virtualized security environments
• Experience with Cloud Security vendors in the IAM, Data Protection, Monitoring, SaaS providers
• Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
• Experience with application development
• Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Desire to work in an information systems environment
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Excellent leadership and management skills
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.