CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Human Resources Business Partner in Fairfax, Virginia
Human Resources Business Partner
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Human Resources Business Partner
Category: Human Resources
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0921-1310
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join our team at our headquarters in Fairfax, VA. We are looking for an independent, self-starter who is comfortable rolling up his/her sleeves and handling day-to-day HR functions. The Human Resources Business Partner supports the assigned business unit leadership, HR Leadership team, and on-site and off-site staff members in all aspects of HR, including the development, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of employee relations, compensation, staff member support, performance management and the day-to-day administration and implementation of policies and programs.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Performance Management, including advising all levels of management and staff members on day-to-day performance management activities (e.g. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions including assisting managers in preparing and documenting PIPs.)
• Employee Relations, serving as the mediator when issues arise, ensuring that issues are addressed and properly documented and conducting investigations with support as needed.
• Assist in coordinating and implementing various Corporate and Business Unit initiatives in addition to providing policy interpretation and guidance.
• Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures at all levels.
• Sound understanding and adoption of applicable laws and regulations as it relates to all aspects of HR.
• Identify, develop and deliver training programs on policies, programs and best practices.
• Analyze data trends and metrics to inform business decisions.
• Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
• Conducts regular meetings with respective business units.
• Responds to member inquiries, assists with onboarding and off boarding members, processing transfers and serving as the initial contact for leave of absences.
• All other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in HR Consulting with an HR generalist background.
• Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent relevant education and experience.
• PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP and/or SHRM-SCP certification not required but highly preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Office.
• Experience in Government Contracting industry not required but preferred.
• Experience with Service Contract Act (SCA) not required but preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills.
• Excellent organizational, time management skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
• Participate in professional development sessions and/or seminars.
• Up to 10% local DC Metro travel may be required.
• This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and advisor for colleagues and clients.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.