Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources Business Partner
Category: Human Resources
Main location: United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Position ID: J0923-0791
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join our team at our headquarters in Fairfax, VA. We are looking for an independent, self-starter who is comfortable rolling up his/her sleeves and handling day-to-day HR functions. The Human Resources Business Partner supports the assigned business unit leadership, HR Leadership team, and on-site and off-site staff members in all aspects of HR, including the development, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of employee relations, compensation, staff member support, performance management and the day-to-day administration and implementation of policies and programs.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Collaborate with business unit leaders and HR team to define and execute a human capital strategy in line with business unit and organizational goals
• Drive the execution of organizational and member management activities to completion, including organizational planning and design, workforce planning, member career development, succession planning, performance management, rewards administration, member communication and engagement, employee relations and conflict resolution
• Partner with our strategic engagement and inclusion team to identify and capitalize on opportunities to achieve our diversity goals and commitment to an inclusive work environment
• Assist in the rollout and training for various Corporate and Business Unit human resource initiatives and provide interpretation and guidance on revisions to policies
• Investigate and mediate member conduct and performance issues when they arise, engaging the legal team where required, to ensure issues are addressed quickly and completely
• Monitor compliance with internal policies and procedures at all levels
• Analyze data trends and present metrics to leaders to help inform business decisions
• Respond to member inquiries, assist with onboarding and off boarding members, processing transfers, and serving as the initial contact for leave of absences
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 8+ years of experience as an HR generalist
• Experience in Government Contracting industry supporting multi-site defense and intel programs is preferred
• Hands on experience implementing and managing member engagement, talent and career development, member retention, performance assessment, and other programs and initiatives as listed above
• Strong business acumen with a consulting orientation towards member engagement and service delivery
• Effective oral and written communication and facilitation skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and effectively present trends in data
• Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
• Periodic travel to US based locations will be required
• This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and advisor for colleagues and clients
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $84,000-$161,600.
Let’s talk about benefits
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid maternity and parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.