CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Government and Health Solutions Group - Upgrade Solution Architect in Fairfax, Virginia
Government and Health Solutions Group - Upgrade Solution Architect
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is looking for a Solution Architect create end-to-end solutions from strategy through supporting execution of ERP implementations. This is an opportunity for an experienced ERP implementation expert to work with CGI personnel and clients to develop implementation estimates and project delivery approaches that delight customers. This opportunity will provide the right candidate an opportunity to blend traditional waterfall implementation approaches with agile principles, for new ERP implementations, upgrades and add-on modules.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Solution Architect – work with geographic business units and the IP Business Partners to develop solutions that align with client requirements.
• Discovery – perform discovery sessions with client and sales to understand the client’s business requirements. Be viewed as the implementation expert with an in-depth understanding of client business model and expectations.
• Implementation Strategy – develop the level of effort/s required to implement solutions designed for clients.
• Financials – create accurate financial estimates for projects that align with CGI’s approach to risk mitigation and client success.
• Project Plans – create project plans and statements of work to deliver ERP projects, incorporating traditional project management principles with newer agile methodologies.
• RFP Responses – participate in RFP response efforts, specifically writing sections related to ERP delivery.
• Customer Presentations – participate in oral presentations to customers related to project scope and implementation methodologies. Align project vision in proposal through handoff to delivery in the initial execution.
• SOW – participate in SOW creation and ensure proposed vision is properly reflected in SOW
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Project Management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects by utilizing strong planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to travel up to 25%, providing on-site presentations.
• Experience with ERP implementations with general consulting skills. Preference will be given to consultants that have implemented Advantage ERP in the past.
• Systems implementation skills including requirements/process analysis, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, and troubleshooting.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to explain complex concepts to a wide audience with varying degrees of technical acumen.
• Project Management - 5 years or greater
• Financial Management - 3 years or greater
• Presentation Skills - 3 years or greater
• Business Consulting - 5 years or greater
• Writing Skills - 3 years or greater
• Problem-Solving Skills – the candidate will need to be able to think creatively and resolve customer challenges as it relates to project requirements.
• Teamwork and Leadership – the candidate will be responsible for coordinating input of multiple CGI teams and customers, including product management, product engineering, business development and customers support. The candidate will need to lead meetings to collect information and then unite disparate input into a cohesive customer plan.
• Communication and Presentation Skills – The candidate will be responsible for presenting to senior levels of CGI and customer management.
- Solutions Architecture
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.