CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Global, Physical Security Manager in Fairfax, Virginia
Global, Physical Security Manager
Find similar career opportunities
Global, Physical Security Manager
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0419-0523
Employment Type: Full Time
Corporate role leading the development, management and maturity of an enterprise-wide physical security approach and roadmap. This is a strategic role that will be responsible for collaborating with business units and other key corporate stakeholders to ensure alignment, operational standards, cost efficiency and effective preparedness.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Strategic Approach and Roadmap
• Collaborate with global stakeholders to design and recommend a global strategy and roadmap for managing physical security risk in manner which promotes effectiveness, standardization and optimizes enterprise-wise spend.
• Lead qualitative and quantitative analysis of best practices, threat environments and technology evolution.
• Define and evolve the global policy, standards and controls to support the strategy.
• Provide a global, holistic view of physical security risk posture, KPI and global spend.
Physical Security Systems
• Provide guidance and support for a consistent approach to systems life cycle management including needs analysis, systems design, RFP, contracting, implementation, commissioning, BAU operations and de-commissioning.
• Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for system architectures, security engineering and integration of physical access control, physical intrusion detection, video surveillance and event monitoring/response.
• Provide thought leadership on emerging technology and recommend ways to evolve and “future proof” systems.
Security Risk Assessment and Management
• Provide guidance and support for a consistent methodology to facility security surveys, CPTED, and operational assurance.
• Support local Security Business Partners with subject matter expertise for Annual Security Assessment for matters related to physical security.
• Support third-party risk assessments and recommend strategies for supply-chain risk management.
• Provide guidance travel risk management/duty of care and provide a holistic view of travel risk posture, capabilities and KPI.
• Support local Security Business Partners with subject matter expertise violence risk assessments, contemporary methods and tools, and risk management plans.
• Provide guidance for a consistent methodology for Fire/Life Safety and emergency response best practices.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Education and Certification
• A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
• Relevant certifications are highly desirable (e.g. PSP, CPP, CTM, CISSP, etc.)
Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of ten (10) years in a security role which should include some combination of management of physical security systems, project management and providing physical security in a global corporate environment.
• Must have excellent understanding of physical security fundamentals including door hardware, electronic locks, barriers, lighting, etc.
• Should be comfortable with technology and related physical security systems (e.g., server management, networking fundamentals, database management, building systems, sensor technology, etc.)
• Experience with IT and business consulting services, including data center environments preferred.
• Strategic thinker capable of tackling complex problems and influencing risk-based decision-making.
• Excellent analytical, oral/written communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively collaborate and manage relationships with global partners and varying levels of management.
• Ability to communicate security and business risk to a broad range of technical and non-technical audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and utilize sound judgment.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.