CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Financial Analyst in Fairfax, Virginia
Find similar career opportunities
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0419-0736
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our team and support our US Business Unit operations.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work closely with internal clients to understand their business
• Performed month-end activities (Project review, Revenue Recognition reviews, WIP reconciliation, internal reporting, Balance sheet analysis, journal entries, etc.)
• Responsible for Forecast, Budget and variance explanation
• Manage special requests and collaborate on in-house projects
• Ad-Hoc analysis and other project as they comes up
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelors in Accounting plus 0-5 years Finance experience in a business partnership role
• Brilliant analytical skills and a passion for detail
• Demonstrated technical accounting expertise and awareness of new standards, preferably in an IT Outsourcing or equivalent environment (e.g. Revenue Recognition, Capitalization)
• Advanced skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint and ERP aptitudes (experience with Oracle finance applications is considered an asset)
• Experience, proficiency and comfort in communicating and working effectively at various levels, including senior management
• Proven track record of generating insights in a financial planning & analysis capacity
• Proven track record of issue and risk identification, communication and resolution
• Proven track record of continuous process improvement in a finance or operations environment
• Experience working with auditors within a SOX control environment
• Experience managing and mentoring a financial team and the ability to provide coaching and training to various stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills and both written and spoken. You especially enjoy presentations and bring considerable experience in this area
• A motivated self-starter that takes initiative
• Highly organized and business process oriented
• High level of comfort in challenging business assumptions by leveraging logic and critical thinking
• Ability to work independently while demonstrating flexibility
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.