CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Elasticsearch Engineer in Fairfax, Virginia
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Cyber Security Consulting
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1019-0643
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for an Elasticsearch Engineer to support the development of a cybersecurity shared-services offering. In this position you will work with multiple IT disciplines in providing a high-quality data-flow engine focused on identifying and mitigating a wide range of cyber risks. The individual in this role will be part of an agile team and work closely with the Cloud Architect and Data Analytics team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work with cross functional teams planning, modeling and implementing solutions utilizing Kafka and ELK technologies.
• Act as the subject matter expert for ELK implementation across the shared service platform.
• Design nodes, clusters for roles, workload isolation and scaling in shared and dedicated service environments.
• Design Elasticsearch logging clusters for isolated workloads and manage data lifecycle.
• Fine tune the logging process through LogStash for resiliency and flexibility using Kafka clusters.
• Continuously review the deployment, with an intent to reduce infrastructure costs.
• Design and implement Elasticsearch audit logging cluster(s) for increased security and compliance.
• Design data-ingestion methods and transformation needs using Logstash and/or Elastic Beats to comply to a logical data-model.
• Design and implement multi-tenancy in Elasticsearch for data isolation and visualization in Kibana by different tenants of the shared service.
• Test the overall data-flow and fine-tune for performance and improved data-quality.
• Lead ELK related capacity planning and growth projections.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required. In addition, candidates must have ability to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance.
• 3+ years of experience in design and implementation of complex distributed systems architectures.
• Experience designing real time and batch log analytics and search solutions using ELK stack.
• Experience designing, implementing, deploying and managing large Elasticsearch clusters and ELK solutions.
• Experience with performance tuning and optimization of Elasticsearch clusters.
• Experience integrating Elasticsearch with RDBMS or Streaming technologies such as Kafka.
• At least 2 years of development experience on the ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash).
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Elastic Certified Engineer certification from Elastic.
• Understanding of federal cybersecurity guidance such as NIST SP 800-37, Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems: a Security Life Cycle Approach and NIST 800-137, Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) for Federal Information Systems and Organizations.
• Experience in cross cluster replication, index lifecycle management and hot-warm architectures.
• Experience in installation and configuration of Elastic Search, Logstash and Kibana in a distributed environment.
• At least 2 years of experience in software development life cycle.
• At least 2 years of experience in Design and architecture review.
• Current hands-on experience with at least two coding and scripting languages, e.g. Python, Java, Scala, Shell Scripting.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.