CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Earned Value Management (EVM) Manager in Fairfax, Virginia
Earned Value Management (EVM) Manager
Find similar career opportunities
Earned Value Management (EVM) Manager
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0719-1091
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a seasoned EVMS professional to lead a team of EVM analysts based our of our Fairfax office. The candidate will provide SME guidance in EVMS implementation, maintenance, and reporting of projects with an EVMS requirement in the Federal and DoD arena. The lead will ensure the corporate EVMS standards comply with EIA-748 guidelines, update/create established CGI EVMS process and procedures supporting the EVM System Data Description, and lead the internal EVMS surveillance process to ensure CGI Federal Programs adhere to EVM System Data Description and supporting process and procedures. This is a hands-on role that requires a well-rounded background in EVMS, Scheduling, Financial Data Management and Process/Procedure Documentation.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide subject matter expertise in the development and maintenance of artifacts required to implement EVMS on Projects; RAM, PMB, IPMRs, IMS, Schedules, CWBS, and OBS etc.
• Manage a team of EVM Analysts supporting a multitude of programs
• Run organization wide trainings on EVMS, Scheduling, and Project Controls.
• Collaborate with proposal teams to address EVMS requirements on RFPs
• Maintain the Corporate Earned Value Manage System Description and update when necessary
• Facilitate the development of estimate to complete (ETC)/estimate at completion (EAC) updates
• Prepare contractually required earned value deliverables and reports
• Perform variance analysis; review explanations for cost and schedule variance
• Oversee the preparation of materials and support the Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) process including training CAMs and other personnel
• Support our delivery teams to develop & maintain Microsoft Project Schedules (Integrated Master Schedule) to ensure horizontal and vertical traceability throughout the program, and maintaining & enforcing scheduling standards.
• Coordinate closely with management to ensure the EVMS processes are consistent with the program’s reporting requirements.
- Ability to apply the EVMS ANSI 748 standard to assess systems compliance with EVMS requirements
• Experience in providing technical advice and assistance to internal and external customers on earned value with an emphasis on the analysis, evaluation, and validation of program cost / schedules, cost / scheduling systems, and cost / scheduling software tools
• Experience doing cost estimating, forecasting, variance analysis, scheduling and baseline according to earned value principles
• Experience preparing cost performance reports and associated analysis to explain corrective actions
- Experience participating/conducting Integrated Baseline Reviews
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Relevant Bachelor's degree or 4 years of program management office or financial analysis experience in lieu of a degree
• 12-14 years of Earned Value Management experience
• Knowledge and understanding of the ANSI-748 Standard
• Experience with Deltek Cobra.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite tools (Word, Excel, SharePoint, MS Project)
• Comfort with managing others to a timeline and leading small groups
• Knowledge and working experience with Earned Value tools, such as COBRA, MS Project or other COTS cost and schedule tools
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.