CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Earned Value Management Analyst in Fairfax, Virginia
Earned Value Management Analyst
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Earned Value Management Analyst
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0921-0648
Employment Type: Full Time
We are seeking a highly motivated knowledgeable Earned Value Analyst in the PMO to provide support to our PMs and Control Account Managers for one or more of our major customers. This position provide hands on support in the implementation of Earned Value guidelines, scheduling/planning support, cost estimating support, monthly performance status support, and variance analysis based on monthly Integrated Program Management Reports (IPMRs). This position reports to the CGI Federal EVMO office and is located in one of our Northern Virginia Offices (Centerville/ Chantilly/Fairfax, VA). Local travel may be required to customer location as needed. The successful candidate will be capable of applying project management, technical, business knowledge and judgment in the application of earned value management.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide earned value implementation support in development and implementation of EVMS that is compliant with the EIA 748 standards.
• Keep EVMS aligned with CGI EVM System Description, current EIA 748 standards and government guidance by supporting development and maintenance of artifacts required to support the Project in the EVMS; Schedules, CWBS, baseline changes, ETC/EACs, EVM reporting, etc.
• Coordinate closely with management to ensure the EVMS processes are consistent with the program’s reporting requirements.
• Interact with CGI EVMO, Project Management Office, technical leads, contracts and subcontractors to ensure that project contract scope, cost and schedule requirements are met.
• Provide planning support - Responsibilities include supporting the scheduling activities to ensure horizontal and vertical traceability throughout the program, and maintaining & enforcing scheduling standards by assisting CAMs with monthly status updates and updates to remaining work for the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
• Support baselining effort - Development and maintenance of program budget baselines including baseline change control documentation.
• Support variance analysis – Supporting CAMs to provide monthly analysis of any cost and schedule variances against the baseline when variances exceed a predetermined threshold.
• Provide cost estimating support – Supporting the CAMs in developing labor, travel, and procurement estimates. Facilitate the development of estimate to complete (ETC)/estimate at completion (EAC) updates and EAC analysis (TCPI vs. CPI and statistical EACs)
• Willing to train and educate CAMs on processes and procedures.
• Develop strong relationships with CAMs and able to serve as the “go to” person for any EVM related questions and issues.
• Manage own timelines to support projects in a deadline driven environment
• Review and provide feedback on documentation; including proposals and system documentation
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A Bachelor Degree in related field.
• A minimum 3 to 5 years of experience working in a related environment.
• Cleared candidates with TS/SCI w/CI poly highly desired; Minimum requirement, must be able to pass a background check to start, must be clearable to TS/SCI w/CI poly if required.
• Solid program management knowledge and experience.
• A strong in implementation of EVMS that is compliant with the EIA 748 standards.
• Demonstrated ability to review and assess the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
• Experience with the Department of Defense Integrated Program Management Data Analysis and Reporting (IPMDAR) requirement
• Experience participating/conducting Integrated Baseline Reviews
• Demonstrated oral and written communication, interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a demanding environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team to resolve issues and present solutions.
• Highly motivated self-starter, capable of independent operations and attention to detail
• Proficiency in the use of project management scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project.
• Proficiency in the use of earned value management software such as Deltek Cobra.
• Excellent MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Sharepoint
• Experience assisting with the upkeep of EVM related documentation, training, tools, templates, etc.
• Experience training or assisting with training one-on-one and small teams.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is highly desired
• Earned Value Professional (EVP) certification is highly desired
• Working knowledge of Deltek Acumen
• Working knowledge of schedule risk assessments (SRA)
• A strong background supporting DoD EVM projects is highly desired.
• Experience implementing EVM in an Agile environment
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.