CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Lead in Fairfax, Virginia
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Lead
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Lead
Category: Human Resources
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0920-1087
Employment Type: Full Time
For our U.S. commercial and state government operations, CGI is seeking a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (“DE&I”) Lead to act as a strategic diversity leader and change agent – partnering with the executive team and regional business leaders to develop and lead our strategic business unit’s DE&I strategy. Based within a CGI office located in the U.S. and reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, this position will define the strategic business unit’s short-term and long-term goals, KPI’s, action plans and metrics that drive business impact and deliver measurable results.
As the central facilitator of strategic DE&I activities, the DE&I Lead also serves as thought leader, trusted advisor and consultant to U.S. CSG’s business leaders in support of their diversity, equity and inclusion goals and objectives aligned to the company-wide strategy as well as providing hands-on project management for strategic DE&I national programs. In partnership with the Human Resources team, this leader will also consult on, enable and support both company-wide and platform/business level efforts around diverse recruitment strategies, employee engagement, diversity learning, talent development, and supplier diversity.
As the leading subject matter expert, the DE&I Lead will also have extensive knowledge of laws related to equal employment opportunity, experience developing programs designed to facilitate nondiscrimination and equity and experience championing, leading and executing large scale diversity initiatives.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead the strategic design and implementation of a business-driven company-wide diversity, equity and inclusion strategy that includes short-term and long-term goals, KPI’s, action plans and metrics to assess and track progress over time
• Serve as the senior diversity and inclusion strategist and subject matter expert for CGI’s U.S. commercial and state government operations
• Lead the strategic business unit’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Executive Committee
• Lead the design and execution of a quarterly and annual DE&I reporting package, in partnership with U.S. Legal for the senior leadership team
• Lead the design, planning and execution of strategic DE&I initiatives and programs, including Employee Affinity Groups, guiding long term growth and development plans in the areas of DE&I
• Act as lead advisor to the human resources function on areas related to diversity, equity and inclusion, to drive the development and implementation of strategies and tactics for diversity recruiting, talent development and retention of a robust pipeline of diverse talent
• Partner with VP, Human Resources and talent management team to embed DE&I practices into all talent programs; as an example, leverage the Talent Planning Process to maximize opportunities with high potential talent and provide recommendations to business leaders for succession planning
• Advocate for and consult with DE&I leaders to introduce an effective Employee Affinity Groups network to ensure these positively impact employees and the business
• Partner with the Marketing Communications team to craft cohesive communications campaigns that engage our workforce, convey our strategy, and position the company strategically externally through effective use of social media and brand positioning statements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
• BA/BS degree required, Advanced degree preferred
• Minimum 10 years of HR experience or equivalent
• Minimum of 10 years in the DE&I field in a role with increasing scope and responsibilities for developing and leading diversity strategies and consulting with the business to drive business impact
• A strategic, big picture thinker who anticipates future trends and creates competitive strategies
• Demonstrated experience as a strategic thought leader and partner to executive level leadership who is also able to roll up their sleeves and do the work
• Experience with multicultural diversity, cultural competencies, and laws and regulations pertaining to equal employment opportunity
• Ability to develop lines of communication, trust, and partnership across multiple business sectors
• Proven track record of leading in a matrixed environment, comfortable with ambiguity
• Highly developed sense of the IT/business consulting industry and understanding of key business drivers and risk mitigation
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Strong, demonstrated written and verbal communication and presentation skills with extensive experience communicating at the executive level
• Has established relationships with local and national diversity organizations and partners
• Ability to travel up to 25% (post pandemic)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.