CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Director, Senior Opportunity Pursuit Lead in Fairfax, Virginia
Director, Senior Opportunity Pursuit Lead
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Director, Senior Opportunity Pursuit Lead
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J1021-1884
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is seeking highly motivated Director level opportunity pursuit lead responsible for leading and overseeing business pursuits and capture activities including, but not limited to DOD and Federal Civilian accounts. Duties will involve CGI Federal full lifecycle capture management including managing the opportunity stage review process, assisting with bid/no bid decisions, building relationships with key partners, and designing and executing a winning proposal strategy.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead and manage the opportunity in line with the Business Engineering Management Framework (BEMF – CGI’s deal process) and in coordination with Engagement Assessment Services (EAS).
• Lead the development of capture and win strategies to improve PWIN.
• Understand customer requirements through multiple means including participating in client meetings, to:
• Shape and inform capture and win strategies
• Inform and educate government acquisition strategy
• Iteratively shape and inform solution
• Ensure alignment of the CGI solution and response with customer requirements
• Shape and inform pricing and Price to Win (PTW) in alignment with corporate goals for profit margin.
• Shape and inform the proposal, including the development of the review team and the review approach in collaboration with the Proposal Manager.
• Research, analyze, and shape the competitive landscape.
• Lead the identification of resources required to execute the opportunity pursuit plan in coordination with account and other BUs/SBUs.
• Lead the strategy of identifying Key Personnel and obtaining buy in and approval from the owning BU.
• Lead the strategy of identifying Teaming Partners and obtaining buy in and approval from the BU.
• Lead the Teaming Agreement negotiations, exhibit “A” development, and subcontract negotiations for all Teaming Partners.
• Report to leadership with the right information and cadence.
• Lead the creation of the B&P budget for the pursuit and obtain approval from the BU. Manage the B&P budget with transparency and weekly forecast updates to the BU.
• Manage proposal delivery, post-submittal activities, and debriefings to solicit feedback and develop process improvement actions.
• Participate in transition to ensure continuity of proposal and capture phase strategies and conduct a pre-startup delivery step review and transfer knowledge to the delivery team - support transition to the new contract as appropriate.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Over 15 years of leadership, teamwork, interpersonal skills and experience with managing multiple capture efforts and creating winning proposals in U.S. Government and DoD accounts.
• Respected leadership, strong capture experience, and confidence in abilities to plan and execute a winning capture effort while maintaining the company’s capture efforts at highest levels.
• Ability to conceptualize a vision for winning, to develop a capture plan that implements the vision, adjust the vision as the procurement unfolds, and to manage the capture activities and team to achieve the vision
• Ability to understand customer’s needs and objectives both CGI Federal customers and the ultimate customers who will evaluate the proposal
• Patience and people skills to achieve effective progress, anticipate problems, and keep capture activities moving forward
• Proven track record in managing and motivating large winning cross-functional capabilities and proposals effectively and consistently.
• Executing all phases of a large, multi-year capture effort, including strategic planning, addressable market analysis, competitive analysis, teaming, price-to-win analysis, and full proposal development.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
• Understanding of Federal market, trends, competitive pressures, and regulatory constraints.
• Strong written and verbal skills to effectively communicate the capture plan and status across the capture team and upwards to management
• Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers across the Client Company.
• Exceptional time management skills
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.