CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Director of NASA Business Development & Capture in Fairfax, Virginia
Director of NASA Business Development & Capture
Find similar career opportunities
Director of NASA Business Development & Capture
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0419-1381
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is looking for a Director of NASA Business Development & Capture with a successful track record of identifying and winning new business in the Space Domain, including Earth Observation, Commercialization of Space Capabilities, Mission and Ground Control Station Support, Shared Services, and/or IT programs. This key leader must have demonstrated success in capture planning, execution, and managing of pursuits in their entirety, driving the qualification of opportunities and the framing of pursuit decisions, leading opportunities from the early stages of positioning through bid decisions, contract awards and closures as related to the Space domain. This individual will operate in a leadership role, responsible for engineering compliant, compelling and competitive, high-quality winning proposals and market capture strategies.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The NASA BD/Capture Lead is responsible for:
• Performing market analysis related to space derived capabilities to include partner/competition analysis and space capability commercialization
• Developing and executing market strategies to establishing market opportunities for CGI IP to include commercialization of Space Capabilities
• Developing and managing Space opportunities pipelines to identifying and establishing partner opportunities to gain access to market opportunities
• Developing and executing client call plans which include executive level outreach within NASA and other agencies which maybe consumers of Space related capabilities
This individual will partner closely with account executives, business delivery and business development directors, solutions architects, proposal managers and writers, pricing managers, and finance and HR experts to assure CGI proposals are viewed as best in class and worthy of consideration and award. This successful BD/Capture Lead will oversee and coordinate capture plans, win strategies, competitive analysis, teaming strategies and agreements, proposed solution offering, pricing and price-to-win, and managing the transition from business opportunity to proposal development to award.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 8-12 years Federal IT-based consulting experience, including at least 3 years in a business development or capture management role
• 5+ years direct experience working within the Space Domain or directly delivering services to NASA
• Track record of leading and/or supporting the capture of competitive business in the Space market
• Solid relationships within Space industry and with key NASA contracting personnel
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build win-win partnerships, with a particular focus on understanding how to leverage technology differentiators
• Demonstrated ability to identify emerging business trends resulting in strategy recommendations to senior management
• Knowledge across product development/commercialization, business, financial, contractual, human resources, project and proposal management, and document development domains to successfully engineer high quality proposals
• Experience interpreting solicitation requirements or source selection regulations and approach, theme development, storyboard/template development, schedule development and management, conducting proposal reviews, contributing to and/or editing proposal content
• Excellent communication skills and highly effective interpersonal skills are required as well as an ability to inspire confidence and provide leadership throughout the company
• Excellent writing and presentation skills, including developing and delivering effective presentations to leadership / executives Knowledge of Shipley model preferred
• The successful candidate will have a high energy level and be motivated by working with bright, driven people in a values-based culture with an intrapreneur mindset
• Independent, self-starting, and be able to stay calm under the pressures of multiple deadlines, possessing good multitasking skills
• Excellent organization skills and serve as an effective team player, working well with their peer group and support staff
• Results-oriented with a strong track record of delivering for their team
Business Development / Sales
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.