Director, Consulting Services (DCS)
Director, Consulting Services (DCS)
Category: Leadership and Management Roles
Main location: United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Alternate Location(s): United States, Maryland, Baltimore
Position ID: J1123-0158
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
Ready to launch your career? CGI Federal is one of the largest IT and business consulting firms in the world, and as member of CGI Federal you will have the opportunity to participate in major IT transformation initiatives and become a shareholder in our 90,000-member strong organization spanning 40 countries. If you’re looking for a challenge that stretches your talents, grows your skills, and takes digital transformation to the next level, CGI is a great place for you. Reach your full potential thanks to training opportunities, mentoring and coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback programs that will help you grow your career and network.
As the Director, Consulting Services for one of our Federal clients, you will have senior responsibility to manage a strategic account including managing the delivery for our existing projects as well as developing and executing upon a client development plan to grow the account. The Director of Consulting Services will be responsible for managing the entire life cycle of the sales and delivery process for a small portfolio of accounts.
This career opportunity would be located at one of our CGI offices in the Washington DC Metro area and the client site as needed
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As the Director, Consulting Services you be responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients while developing business with new clients. Also, to ensure a high quality of services delivered to assigned clients you will participate in the delivery of client engagements as well as lead and manage delivery teams to achieve client satisfaction and targeted revenue and profitability targets.
• Overall accountability of service delivery to our clients
• Develop a strong pipeline of opportunities within new and existing accounts within the portfolio
• Lead proposals and evolve solution offerings
• Lead a team of professionals – both direct reports and via onshore delivery
• Ensure success of engagements using onshore delivery and vendor partners
• Manage client satisfaction in partnership with account management teams
• Apply delivery and customer management best practices
• Apply management best practices such as succession planning, member performance reviews, and finance management
• Contribute to business strategy and budget planning
• Manage profitability of engagements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ years of minimum IT and Consulting Services experience
• Experience in support of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
• Results oriented business leader with solid understanding of budgets, forecasting, planning, P&L’s, and complex pricing models
• Business development
• Strategy and business management
• Delivery experience
• Client engagement management and relationship building from ground level project teams up through C-level executives.
• People management
• A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect; superior conceptual thinking as well as analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, at all levels
• Proven record of creating and maintaining business partnerships and relationships
• Strong decision making, judgment and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional virtual teams
Preferred qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience with delivery or business development in Federal government agencies with health and/or regulatory missions.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $131,500 - $230,100
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.