Director, Consulting Services (DCS)
Director, Consulting Services (DCS)
Category: Leadership and Management Roles
Main location: United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Position ID: J1123-1221
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - The best version of me
CGI is currently seeking a Director, Consulting Services (DCS) to join our team!
Ready to launch your career? CGI Federal is one of the largest IT and business consulting firms in the world, and as member of CGI Federal you will have the opportunity to participate in major IT transformation initiatives and become a shareholder in our 90,000-member strong organization spanning 40 countries. If you’re looking for a challenge that stretches your talents, grows your skills, and takes digital transformation to the next level, CGI is a great place for you. Reach your full potential thanks to training opportunities, mentoring and coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback programs that will help you grow your career and network.
As a Director, Consulting Services working within our Healthcare and Social Services Business Unit (HSS BU), you will share in the management responsibility for delivery of key programs with high visibility, while also having leadership responsibilities related to the growth of our business, including client development planning, opportunity pipeline development, and full lifecycle capture strategy development and oversight.
This career opportunity would be located at one of our CGI offices in the Washington DC Metro area and client site as needed.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As the Director, Consulting Services you will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients, partners and internal team members, while also ensuring a high quality of delivery for our clients in support of CGI’s growth, delivery and financial goals.
• Organize and facilitate various stakeholder engagement activities in support of key delivery programs within the HSS BU, with a focus on continual improvement of the customer experience, while also supporting and providing recommendations on stakeholder management.
• Leverage expertise in healthcare systems design and implementation to provide delivery teams with a full understanding of our client business goals, context and processes, providing delivery team members with the understanding necessary to bridge the gap between our client’s business objectives and the technology solutions required to address their needs.
• Develop a strong pipeline of opportunities within new and existing accounts, by identifying and qualifying opportunities, including the strategies needed to diversify CGI’s offerings to clients and our presence with existing and potential clients in the healthcare market.
• Provide full business development lifecycle strategy, support and oversight, including helping architect solutions, identify teaming partners, development of pricing and providing end-to-end capture oversight and direction.
• Work with existing clients and CGI project teams to identify opportunities to improve and expand on CGI’s offerings, while growing understanding of broader client needs, issues, thinking and future direction, to shape and position CGI’s solutions and offerings.
• Support developing new and growing existing capabilities and product offerings aligned to markets directly and indirectly served by CGI, working with other CGI Members to build sales and marketing campaigns related to qualified and exploratory pipelines associated with emerging client focus areas.
• Maintain certifications and continue education in relevant disciplines that establish and maintain market expertise and maximize ability to deliver value for the HSS BU and our current and future clients.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Must be a highly motivated, goal oriented and self-directed go-getter, driven by achieving results in support of the HSS BU’s growth, delivery and financial goals, while also providing recommendations and support for related operational improvements.
• A Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 15 years of work experience in IT or Federal consulting field, with a proven track record of business growth and successful delivery in the Federal healthcare market, with demonstrated ability to successfully manage teams of technology and business subject matter experts.
• Must thrive on keeping up to date with changes in the Federal healthcare market, as well as technology and business innovations, and must have the ability to speak fluently about them and to assess the implications and opportunities for CGI and our clients.
• Must have a proven track record of building, maintaining and maximizing the value of client, partner and internal team relationships at all levels in achieving identified goals, with demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional virtual teams, and the ability to support team development and management.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient developing and delivering presentations internally and externally, with the ability to clearly articulate technology concepts to a business audience.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $119,500 - $209,200
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.