CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. DevSecOps Engineer in Fairfax, Virginia
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Cyber Security Consulting
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0620-1715
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a DevSecOps AWS Engineer supporting our DHS CDM DEFEND program. This person will have a strong security focus and extensive experience to help with DevOps security initiatives and implement best practices in the areas of infrastructure, network security, and secure coding, as well as compliance and policy. The individual in this role will be part of an agile team and work closely with the Solution Architect and AWS Architecture team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Implementing several common Continuous Deployment use cases using AWS technologies, including blue/green deployment and A/B testing.
• Providing detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, effort and time necessary.
• Responsible for automating platform deployments, including DEV, TEST and PROD.
• Providing hands-on support for CI/CD and other automation initiatives (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Bamboo, Jenkins or similar technologies).
• Deploy updates, fixes and patches as needed.
• Distinguishing between the array of application deployment technologies available on AWS (including AWS CodeDeploy, AWS Opsworks, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon EC2 Container Service and Amazon EC2 Container Registry) and decide which technology best fits a given scenario.
• Report on analytics regarding software and hardware usage.
• Monitor all systems for health (e.g. Datadog, New Relic, etc.).
• Assist other engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of various teams.
• Provide Level 2 technical support.
• Perform root cause analysis for production errors
• Develop scripts/tools to automate duties where possible.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Candidates must have ability to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
• Solid understanding of and experience with provisioning and managing infrastructure as well as applications in cloud environments, preferably in AWS.
• Experience with identifying and implementing automation for CI/CD.
• Experience with scripting in Bash, Python, Groovy or Ruby.
• Experience with open technologies like Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, DevSecOps and related Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, including Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet, Git and others.
• Experience working with XML, JSON and YAML for configuration.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Understanding of federal cybersecurity guidance such as NIST SP 800-37, Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems: a Security Life Cycle Approach and NIST 800-137, Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) for Federal Information Systems and Organizations.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.