CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Compensation Manager in Fairfax, Virginia
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Human Resources
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0621-0977
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI US is 12,000+ members strong, and growing. The Total Compensation team is seeking an experienced compensation lead to support the CGI Federal Strategic Business Unit, with over 6,000 members. This role is a valued extension of the HR Business Partner team, as well one of the U.S. representatives of the Global Total Compensation Center of Expertise. Our ideal candidate would bring together deep compensation experience, project management skills, strong analytical expertise, and a desire to make a positive difference through continuous process improvement.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Proactively engage with the HR Business Partners to understand the needs of the federal business as they relate to compensation. Advise HR and leaders on compensation strategies to effectively leverage our multiple geographies, on-shore delivery centers, campus hiring, and SCA populations.
• Provide expert compensation consultation, data analysis and modeling to work toward effective solutions.
• Lead and participate in cross-functional teams, and collaborate with stakeholders across the organization on projects within the US and in support of corporate initiatives.
• Develop and implement training and communications for HR, Recruiting and leaders to support projects and our annual compensation cycles.
• Participate in mergers and acquisition projects: conduct due diligence research, provide compensation & benefits analysis and contribute to executive briefings; project manage the implementation of CGI’s compensation programs during the integration phase.
• Administer salary, bonus and long-term incentive programs in collaboration with HR; including user-acceptance testing, data validation, administration and set-up for CGI’s compensation tools, as well as analysis and executive presentations for approval.
• Liaise effectively with talent acquisition, pricing, and capture managers to advise on winning compensation strategies for proposal efforts.
• Ensure legal compliance with relevant federal, state and local regulations; proactively research legislative and market trends to formulate appropriate responses and ensure organizational readiness. Ensure timely and accurate responses to internal and external audits, including DCAA.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• At least 8 years of experience in professional Compensation and Human Resources roles, including at least 4 years in a government contracting environment. Proven track record with DCAA and other audits, and thorough knowledge of the Service Contract Act.
• Exceptional data analytics, story-telling and MS Excel skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; professional presence to deliver executive briefings
• Ability to advise, challenge and influence colleagues and build relationships at all levels in an organization
• Track record for successful and organized project management
• Proven responsive, client-focused mindset
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
• Self-motivated, results-focused and collaborative; able to figure things out and get things done in ambiguous circumstances
• A bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, human resources management or a related discipline.
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
MS Excel 8+ years Expert
MS PowerPoint 8+ years Advanced
Project Management 5+ years Advanced
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred. Tableau is a plus. Knowledge of international compensation is a plus.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.