CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Engineering Leader - National Security and Justice in Fairfax, Virginia
Business Engineering Leader - National Security and Justice
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Business Engineering Leader - National Security and Justice
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0421-3169
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world with an exciting culture of innovation, ownership, and teamwork. We have a leadership opportunity for an executive striving to be a key contributor to CGI Federal, a fast paced and growing business that consists of nearly 7000 members geographically dispersed throughout the United States.
Our National Security and Justice Business Unit (BU) is seeking a Business Engineering Leader to support the BU leadership team with development and execution of growth objectives. This position reports directly to the business unit leader (SVP). A successful candidate will help the business unit maintain a competitive advantage and allocate resources appropriately. Strategic thinking, experience in market research, business development, business operations, and a proven ability to work collaboratively with members at all levels of an organization are important criteria for success in this role. Candidates must have demonstrated experience helping organizations efficiently adapt to changes and grow. Candidates must also have experience engineering business solutions for clients by gathering and analyzing client data and translating and advising teams to support the design of cost-effective and competitive solutions for our clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Understand and help shape the business unit’s strategy and mission.
• Directly support activities involved in the weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual business strategy planning and reporting (at the sector and BU level). This includes the following: weekly BD reporting, monthly account planning and reporting, quarterly Global Operations, quarterly client development planning, annual account planning.
• Participate in and support opportunity reviews.
• Research competition to identify threats and opportunities.
• Assess the sector’s strategic performance and provide leadership with continual recommendations for improvement.
• Align processes, resources-planning and sector goals with overall company and BU strategy and goals.
• Support pipeline initiatives, bookings forecasting, and revenue forecasting.
• Monitor and analyze industry trends and market changes.
• Provide on-demand BD and Capture support on priority opportunity pursuits.
• Support pipeline building and opportunity research initiatives.
• Attend industry events and build a presence in the marketplace
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Proven experience leading business planning and strategy development initiatives, specifically in the homeland security, justice, legislative and/or judicial mission areas
• Outstanding writing, editing, communication and presentation skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience leading BD and Capture Management activities.
• 10+ years business development, solution strategy and consulting experience with a demonstrated ability to understand the client environment, stakeholder management
• Experience preparing and negotiating contracts
• Consistent track record of winning large competitive IT related contracts ($50mm- $500mm+);
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build successful partnerships within firms/corporations, with a particular focus on understanding how to leverage technology differentiators
• Ability to constructively influence and interact at the highest levels of the company and in target customer agencies
• Highly effective interpersonal skills with an ability to inspire confidence and provide business development leadership throughout the company
• High energy level and motivated by working with forward-thinking, driven team members in a values-based culture
• Independent, self-starting, and able to stay calm under the pressures of multiple priorities possessing good multitasking skills
• Uses social media to extend credibility, contacts and marketing efforts.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.