CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst/Technical Writer in Fairfax, Virginia
Business Analyst/Technical Writer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Business Analyst/Technical Writer
Category: Cyber Security
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0621-0103
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst/Technical Writer on our System Integration Team for our CDM DEFEND program. The team is part of a large federal cybersecurity program and the role involves providing analysis, technical writing and documentation support for the integration of solutions for multiple agencies. The successful candidate for this position is a highly motivated individual with a strong detailed level of experience in business analysis and technical writing combined with an understanding for IT security who excels in providing written and documentation support to support integrating, operating and deploying security technology including interactions with clients. The successful candidate is a self-starter who works effectively in a highly dynamic environment. The position provides the opportunity to expand your horizons by collaborating with several federal agency teams and multiple cybersecurity levels and capabilities.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Gathers requirements, performs analysis, resolves issues and assists with interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for a deliverable, resolve issues and/or documentation.
• Works with Developers, Engineers, Managers and SMEs to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product, documentation requirements and data analytics.
• Produces wide range of documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
• Documents range from solution design documents, concept of operations, implementation plans, knowledge base articles, FAQs, training materials and governance documents.
• Support accurate and timely documentation for systems engineering lifecycle (SELC) and other artifacts related to program execution.
• Documents processes and specifications.
• Analyzes existing and potential content with focus on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities to increase efficiency.
• Creating/assisting in transition to and maintaining content development on solution portal.
• Writes easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and guides.
• Edits the work of others.
• Translates complex technical and analytical concepts into clear, concise, plain English text and visual content.
• Organizes multiple simultaneous projects and requests.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Minimum of two years of experience required.
• Expertise in gathering requirements, requirements writing, performing analysis and problem solving.
• Expertise creating stakeholder communications including reviewing and editing documents using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Visio).
• Experienced with a detailed document development processes and specification.
• Ability to conduct research and translate technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users.
• Strong problem solving, communication and writing skills.
• Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work on concurrent multiple efforts/projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
• Exposure to and understanding of cloud and/or cybersecurity a plus.
• Basic exposure and working knowledge of ITIL, Agile and PMBOK desired.
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and images.
• Experience with Adobe suite, Visio and other graphics tools a plus.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.