CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst in Fairfax, Virginia
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0921-2191
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a client-focused Business Analyst II. Working on client site or from CGI, you will become a trusted advisor to our client to help them achieve their goals. The ideal candidate will have experience working through all phases of the full software development lifecycle. A strong technical and analytical background with experience in systems integration is preferred
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Formulates and defines business process and systems scope and objectives for programs and projects through research and fact-finding activities combined with a thorough understanding of business process analysis and requirements management practices and principles.
• Leads/Provides group facilitation, interviewing, training, and provides additional knowledge transfer to appropriate stakeholders.
• Provides expertise to business analysis framework improvement programs by assessing and providing recommendations to various disciplines.
• Conducts the elicitation and management of business and systems level requirements for projects and employs industry standard tools to manage requirements, configuration management, and modeling to support requirements management and/or business modeling activities.
• Conducts the knowledge transfer of scope, requirements, and other analysis information to program and project teams to ensure successful implementation of solutions to client areas. Applies portfolio management concepts including business-IT alignment, prioritization, business cases and market surveys, and project costing techniques for up to moderately complex projects.
• Develops cost estimates for moderately complex projects/programs. Validate solution(s) delivered meet business needs for programs, projects, and sub-projects as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• US citizenship and the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance is required.
• Ability leading moderately complex business analysis efforts.
• Technical expertise in one or more business analysis related disciplines. Exhibits strong communication skills; facilitation, interview, formal document writing and presentation skills.
• 3-5 years of related work experience with advanced knowledge of SDLC methodology and UML.
• Project Management experience is a plus
• Prior Federal experience is a plus
• Prior automated pipeline experience is a plus
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.